Poll : Pinky Strengthening device?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:55 am
by Nick Gunar • 5 Posts

Hello,

I have seen the trills review and trills videos of pebber brown and I just want to ask to all of you; do you think that power grips, fingers strengthening devices are helpful? Have you used one of those? Have you thought using them?

I know that the best way to make your fingers (pinky here obviously) stronger is to play and practice guitar. Still, there are some times when you don't have your guitar around (and I have seen the pinky exercice of pebber brown)...

Just a quick poll; pros and cons, no flamming please, just a valid and solid opinion. :)

Scroll up

RE: Poll : Pinky Strengthening device?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:02 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

When I was younger, I had a job working nights so obviously I couldn't bring a guitar but I would bring the Grip Master in my pocket and I felt like it really helped when a guitar was not around.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 pm
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

Ursin, you obviously had a job that required the use of only one hand! Let me guess, dart tester? And i think the gripmaster is good as well, but in a weird way, heres why. I do construction, so does my friend Joe (who is an amazing guitarist). I at times wonder if raw finger strength is good or bad. I have tons of finger strength, but due to that, and the fact that i use it all day long, it seems like it takes me forever to warm up and feel fluid after working. I think muscle memory may be important on a different level than just having raw pinky strength???

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:52 pm
by Nick Gunar • 5 Posts

The thing that really bugs me is the power and stamina to the detriment of agility (fluidity?) when using grips. Is that really so?

I don't use them but think of trying, hence my poll lol.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
289 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly