Which stompbox?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:27 pm
by Expateach • 29 Posts

I'm living in the middle of nowhere in Indonesia. Looking at electric guitars and stompboxes. The kind of setup I want is electric guitar with good selection of effects pedals on the floor but then listening through a headset to not upset neighbours. Working on getting the guitar for for pedals:
Visited a local shop yesterday and they have:
1. Line 6 M9 for $470
2. Line 6 M16 for $610
3. Line 6 HD500 for $545

What do people think? Or are there better machines and prices on the net?

Scroll up

RE: Which stompbox?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:22 am
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

You might want to check out Guitar Rig 5 (the pedal acts as an audio interface as well as a stompbox control ) the software is one of the best digital VSTis ive tried, and you can skip the whole micing up your amp if you want to record. (you get pristine quality records since the guitar is pluged directly into the computer)

if im not mistaken the HD500 does the same but everything is loaded on the pedal which is cool for portability but it sucks for customization, nevertheless the only con is Line 6 tends to have bad reputation when it comes to its digital presets and distortion.. ( i personally have not tried the HD500 but the youtube videos sounded good to my ears.

Both are good choices for you since you can plug in your headphones and play everything from super high gain to cleans without cranking anything up..

I myself use guitar rig though studio monitors and im happy with it :)
Cons: you need a computer with a decent processor and enough ram.
Plus: versatility, great sound, acts as a pretty good audio interface with 2 inputs, has bass presets too.. you can configue the pedal to your heart contents and mine came bundled with ableton live lite (you can start recording your own music pretty easily and it sounds incredibly high quality)

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/de/p...itar-rig-5-pro/

in the end its all preference though.
buy what you like the most so you have the most enjoyable experience.

Last edited Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:28 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:47 pm
by Expateach • 29 Posts

Thanks Slashiepie. I will check out Guitar Rig 5 and possibly buy online.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:23 am
by Stephen • 7 Posts

Sir,

On the higher end is the AXE FX, this is the best I know of and use, its pricey and you need to buy either the stomp box which comes with it or others which work. The line 6 stuff is the poor mans version, but should be sufficient for live setting unless you require the professional equipment for recording. Since the technology is always changing and money is a object the Line 6 stuff is easier to change out on resale and front end costs. Some people indicate that going with something like the Roland VR system.

Steve

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
362 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 344) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly