Ericjohnson/bonnamossa/ Eric gales runs?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:29 am
by Blayze • 32 Posts

I hear all three of these guys playing really fluid, fast lines that sound incredible. I would love to incorporate these types of runs into my playing, but I cannot figure out what they are doing. I would assume it would be pent atomic based, but it doesnt sound bluesy. Anyone know what I am talking about? What are these runs and How can I incorparate this into my playing?

Scroll up

RE: Ericjohnson/bonnamossa/ Eric gales runs?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 am
by uderoche (deleted)

For starters, I know Eric Johnson does a lot of groups of 5. He takes the pentatonic scales and comes up with different patterns of 5. He also likes to ascend using arpeggios and then descend using scalar type patterns. Go on youtube and look up "eric johnson licks" or something like that. There are tons of videos that show what I'm talking about. Cheers!

-Ursin

Scroll up

RE: Ericjohnson/bonnamossa/ Eric gales runs?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:33 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

I kid you not.....I learned more in the FIRST 5 minute intro of Eric Johnsons Art of Guitar...the intro! than I did with the video....
well not entirely true...but....his screwing around is some of the best playing I have seen/heard!
Pat Martino plays around like that(the lesson vids I have seen)...play a chord......noodle over the voice....simple but really fricking awesome!

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 98 (yesterday 65) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: