some basic questions related to daily exercises.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:03 am
by Ayan Das • 3 Posts

i am a kind of beginner. i have started following Pebber's lesson 2-3 months back. i have some questions, knowing which i will be able to practice in the correct way.
1. while picking where should i place my palm? should i place it or just keep it in the air?
2. when practicing fingering or permutations the flesh of my fingers gets slightly touched to the string below. is it normal or should i do something about it? please suggest.
3. sometimes when i practice, the tips of my fingers pains very much. its not a pain in the skin that i know. it feels from inside the fingertips, as something pointy has been inserted. please suggest me what should i do to avoid it. and ya, i am doing the isometrics before playing.

Scroll up

RE: some basic questions related to daily exercises.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:23 pm
by notenjesus • 23 Posts

3) i feel with you coz it also happens from time to time to me. take a break for a couple of days and practice other stuff or dont use the hurting finger in playing.

Pebber Brown's Soldier
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 pm
by Denny (deleted)

Ok, You have ask 3 really good questions:-). To answer your first question. I rest the side of my hand on the bridge/tailpiece on my guitars.
The reason I do this because it feels comfortable & I get alot of control with my picking hand. It also is a good position if I want to palm mute.
My picking & strumming comes from wrist. I don't use my forearm to pick. Another thing to do is watch some videos of guitar players who are great at picking.
I watched some videos of John McLoughlin just a few days ago and saw that my right hand technique is the same as his.

What sort of music do you play?. If you like playing with lots of Overdrive/distortion palm muting is critical. The angle of your pick is also important as well.

Hope this helps!

Keep Practicing:-)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 am
by Ayan Das • 3 Posts

Hey Danny, thank you very much for answering my question. actually as i said i am a beginner n following pebber brown's lesson so i am trying to develop scalpal picking.. but he didnt mention about where to place the palm while doing scalpal picking.. i tried scalpal picking by placing my palm on the saddle.. but it becomes hard to pick the upper strings.. but if i do alternate picking its comfortable.. so thats the problem.

since i am a begginer i dnt play any music lol! :D. but my ultimate goal is to play percussive fingerstyle guitar. i am following pebber's lesson so that i can perfect my fingering and understand music. not many lessons are there on the style.. so i am following this great man.. he has some lessons on fingerstyle which helps me. i dont have any electric guitar.. just one acoustic guitar.

thank you very much again. and please suggest if you have something. it will mean to me a lot coz i want to play good guitar.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am
by Ayan Das • 3 Posts

hey thank u very much notenjesus.. you really understood my problem.. it happens from time to time. sure i will do that..

thank you again.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 79 (yesterday 452) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: