String Crossing!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

I am wondering how to do this with my flutter, I think I am @ the stage where its the next logical step.

Scroll up

RE: String Crossing!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

The same way you practice picking on adjacent or skipped strings with any other picking method. Start with a very simple pattern, perhaps just one note on each string; notice how that isolates the only thing that's new. Then dump hours on it until it feels just like you're Sarod'ing away on a single string. Then bring your left hand back in to get interesting again.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri May 24, 2013 6:23 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

Here This is why I think I am ready for changing strings I made a vid... should have 16th notes from Pebber's Neoclassical exercises in the 250 BPM club on it...the vid goes up to 274 B.PM i think but it is uploading on utube ATM...Let me re-phrase my question...I can cross them, but it can cause synchronization issues. Or timing issues

Last edited Fri May 24, 2013 6:34 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri May 24, 2013 7:04 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

I'm confused. Is your problem something that can't be fixed by slowing down and/or simplifying your lick until you perfect it enough to try to speed it up again? Perhaps your video will explain.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
44 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly