New member. Introduction and video seeking critique.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 pm
by nsav • 4 Posts

Hello everyone. I am Nick, age 25, and I've been playing guitar for a handful of years now. I recently stumbled upon some of Pebber's videos on Youtube and I'm totally hooked on the fantastic content I've seen so far. I found out about these forums through his videos and decided to register. Here's a solo from the phenomenal Marty Friedman, one of my biggest influences. It's slowed down to about 80% of the original tempo or so. Please let me know what you think and don't be afraid to be critical, I'd love to have some third party opinions.

(It seems as though there is a restriction against posting a link as a new member. I'm not a bot and I'm not aimlessly promoting my band or whatever so I'm going to go ahead and give the link anyway. Hopefully that's not an issue, please remove it/the post if it is.)

youtube. com/watch?v=ncbmmM4CGuM

Cheers,
Nick S.

Scroll up

RE: New member. Introduction and video seeking critique.

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:31 am
by BrianTX • 13 Posts

Hello,

The link isn't working for me.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am
by vardhan116 • 13 Posts

Hey man,

First off, welcome to the forums.
Everyone here would love to see you play the solo you were talking about, however, if you really wish to be critiqued properly by the members here, please post a video of yourself playing the solo (with a backing track or a metronome. your hands should be clearly visible for people to look at your technique)

Also, there is a post in the forums which tells how to upload a video to the forums. check that out.

we're waiting for your first video :)

(P.S I have seen the video. I do not consider myself good enough to critique others. But, what i can say is please zoom out a bit more from now on. we should be able to see both your hands properly at all times.)

Last edited Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:28 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:54 pm
by nsav • 4 Posts

I get the following error when I try to embed the video:

"Please correct the following errors: Your posts contains too many links. A maximum of 0 links is allowed."

I assume I don't have enough post count to use the embedding feature. The link to the video is in the first post, you would need to copy and paste it into the address bar and remove the space between "youtube." and "com". After that it will go directly to the vid. However, I'll embed it here as soon as I have the proper permissions.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:02 pm
by nsav • 4 Posts

Figured it out. I was trying to link the video using the HTTPS protocol. The forums apparently don't care for that. Switched to regular old HTTP and it works perfectly.

Anyway, here's an additional video of some improvisation:

Last edited Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:30 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:43 pm
by nsav • 4 Posts

And one more, because why not? Hopefully that's enough content to get some feedback.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
133 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 107) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly