Short Term Goal

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:29 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Not been a lot of activity on here lately. im not using my right arm at all at the moment
have done some damage in there somewhere. after one day of playing get pains in my arm

So i wondered what every ones goals are for this year
Where you want to be or something you want to learn by the end of the year.

Mine main one is too learn the Melodic and Harmonic minor scales in all position 14 and scale-tone form systems.

Hows about you guys

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

RE: Short Term Goal

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:48 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Aside from practicing every day, here are my two main goals determined with 52 weeks per year in mind:
1) Record at least 26 songs at a high quality this year, several by request as opposed to just my favorites. Share some with family and friends and incorporate their feedback. Extra credit is to keep most of them memorized.
2) Log 156+ hours improvising over backing tracks or drum loops.

Instead of reading this you should be practicing. Slowly. With a metronome.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:54 pm
by Scottulus • 222 Posts

Hmmmn, there's a lot of stuff I'd like to do this year. I've been recording a lot, and working on my improv but there are some real definite things I'd like to get down. I'm pretty happy with the way my picking practice is going, so that bit is pretty much business as usual.

1) Sightreading. I'd like to get a much better handle on my reading. I'm a decent reader as it is, but I'd like to be able to decipher chord stacks a bit more easily, and complicated 16th note melodies.

2)Chord solos. I'd like to get a bit better at keeping a groove going that outlines the basic harmony while sight-reading a melody. Tuck Andress or Joe Pass, Chet Atkins style.

http://www.scottkerrmusic.com
http://www.youtube.com/Scottulus
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:18 am
by uderoche (deleted)

My playing goals are usually always the same which is to practice more this year than I did last year. Log more hours per day. More specifically I've been digging into the Scaletone Form Sysytem.

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:48 pm
by Guitar Player • 83 Posts

My main thing is to keep practicing on technique and try and get some music recorded. Just to keep improving at playing music.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:43 pm
by Cliff • 344 Posts

For me, I guess mainly to get what I already have sounded cleaner and more confident.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:48 pm
by Guitar Player • 83 Posts

Quote: Cliff wrote in post #6
For me, I guess mainly to get what I already have sounded cleaner and more confident.

That is a good goal and you will get there. Keep practicing!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 151 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: