Just seen Robin Trower Live in Chester UK

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:30 am
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

I'm not sure if this is allowed but here is some of the phone video I took of one of my all time guitar heroes

~ ROBIN TROWER ~

I was 6 ft away from where his pedal board was and directly in front of the 50W Marshall Amps he is using on this tour.

One of my reasons for posting this is that I've read that RT has his Guitars drop tuned to G. Does this mean that the E string is tuned down 9 half steps so all six strings would be: G C F Bb D G, or is it that the E string is tuned up 3 half steps so that all six strings would be: G C F A# D G ?

Also is tuning in this way is going to make chords and scales different to play? I'm sure that there is going to be some of the later theory packages that will cover this but I am still only at the 101 theory pt 2A, for the 3rd month as Pebber has been sending out more that my quota I never thought I be interested in Music Theory and so far it's been very easy to grasp providing you follow the rules!

Scroll up

RE: Just seen Robin Trower Live in Chester UK

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:43 pm
by Elysian • 23 Posts

Robins Great!! Thanks for posting Paul.

Scroll up

RE: Just seen Robin Trower Live in Chester UK

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:50 pm
by Elysian • 23 Posts

Don't know the answer to your question though. Was not aware he was tuned to G. I do know that he used to at least tune down to D. Probably still does.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 172 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: