My music...

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:17 pm
by Blayze • 32 Posts

Hey guys!!! I just wanted to post a link to a few songs I recorded. I have two originals and two covers up. I am not selling the songs or anything. They are up for free, just wanted to know what everybody thought and what I should work on. Sarod picking in context haha.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JellyMan-K...?v=box_3&ref=ts

Thanks guys!!!

Scroll up

RE: My music...

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:15 pm
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

Awesome job. Dig the originals! What should you work on? more songs, shit, that is some badass stuff you are doing on the first song especially, I hear many styles wrapped up into one, which in my opinion, kicks ass and is totally ORIGINAL!!! rock on sir!!! If i could sarod pick half that fast, i'd be happy!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:31 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Great playing Blayze. Good stuff! Rock!

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:40 am
by xuanxanh99 • 1 Post

I very like listen: country music. That's music wonderful.

Halong bay cruises-Vietnam holidays-Cruise Mekong queen

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:37 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

I love the Coils and Sarod!

And when did you start learning Sarod...lol...great job!

Didnt take that long at all!

Any thoughts on an instrumental or straight out shred fest??

Very cool man....

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:28 pm
by Debilius • 96 Posts

Awesome dude... in deed a lot of different influences mixed in a great musical sense. You have your original
voice, that's for shure.

And now, some tough love... I suggest a little work on your timing, without a metronome, just tapping a foot,
you know, to get the groove tighter, cuz you're little off the tempo at some spots...the same problem that I have.

Dig the sextuplets...

Dig the intro lick from 'The List' a lot...

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/8761/slick.jpg

Tried to transcribe it, hope it's played that way...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:23 pm
by Blayze • 32 Posts

Awesome bro! tab the solo...I can't figure out what i played haha

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:09 am
by Debilius • 96 Posts
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:16 pm
by Blayze • 32 Posts

Awesome bro. Both are very close...the solo is actually 100% accurate, I think. The intro starts with just a Gminor, instead of the dorian....However, I do like the dorian. I think its atually 356, 356 instead of 357. Very minor, but you may be right on the transcription....That was a one take, last minute thing...The song didn't have an intro, but we decided to do one, so I Just did it really quick... I do not think its that fast. The song is like 112. What does the intro clock in at? I am glad you dig the stuff. Pebber is the man, so take advantage of the resources he gives haha. You have excellent transcription skills. Why don't you just offer a transcription service? Shit, I would pay you to transcribe some stuff haha.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:15 am
by Debilius • 96 Posts

If the metronome I use is correct, the intro is around 120, and the song is around 105...

I listened guitar accented notes in intro to figure that, and in solo, I listened the drum
(you used EZ Drummer/Superior Drum or what? ;) )
I hate digital gadgets, so I use this simple online metronome, that reminds me of old
mechanic metronome and it's quite good.

http://simple.bestmetronome.com/

The intro actually goes dorian, when ascending, and natural minor, in descending lines,
except in the middle of the second bar where both, ascending and descending parts
are natural minor. At first I thought it was just in case with palm muted notes, where it
happens that palm muting raises the pitch almost half note higher, but that isn't the
case here.

Actually I assumed you did this intro on the spot, just like the solo sounds very much like
first attempt improvisation, and that's the magic here.

You probably did this dorian/natural minor swing unconscious, but it's amazing classical
approach like in the case of melodic minor, where notes in descending case turn into
natural minor.

A transcription service, you say? Not bad idea, not at all. ;)

Anyway, do more songs. :)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
373 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia