Student Level Access general progression question

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:45 am
by emakris • 1 Post

Hi,

I subscribed and I'm a student level1 the lowest 15 minute video 1 lesson per month.
I was wondering what the level progression is. I can access student level module1 and most of module 2 videos. But module3 and on are locked.
Happy to upgrade, or just remain practicing module1 and 2 parts of the syllabus for set time/proficiency level. I just don't know what the timeline is or if I subscribed to the incorrect plan.

Thanks
Ernie

Scroll up

RE: Student Level Access general progression question

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 am
by Brian • 6 Posts

I familiarized myself with the free material about 6 months before I began paying for lessons. I started off with 2 videos per month and now do 4 videos per month.

All I can say, is that it completely depends upon how much you practice. I am able to do 4 or even 6 hours per day, so I am still ahead of the video lessons I receive. This doesn't mean I don't get value from the videos; there is almost always something in the video that I never thought of doing. I am really good at doing 5 and 7 notes per beat while doing scales but when I try 5 notes per beat doing 4 note chromatic patterns, I am tripping over my own fingers. Then there is the matrix of timing ratios. When I think I am good at that, I practice doing X patterns at alternate timings and realize just how bad I suck.

It's gonna take years to get good, so you may as well embrace your suck. No doubt getting more lessons will give you more to practice, but if you are all about "Show me this, now show me this" without putting in the time, you will just have a bunch of videos.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
71 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 344) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly