New Member - First Post

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:48 pm
by kylesimmons • 4 Posts

Howdy all,

Glad that Pebber offers a comprehensive way to practice and learn without breaking the bank. This way definitely will be rewarding if I put time into it. I signed up for the 1 video per month to make myself get acclimated to practicing and actually doing what needs to be done in order to get better (not suck).

So here is what I'm doing:

Looking at the daily pracice routine - I am going in as if I don't know anything at all (which is pretty much true) and starting at the beginning by doing what Pebber says, Picking exercises on 1 string. Starting there 1 or 2 minutes up on each string and back down(to increase over time -dont want to get discouraged)But 16th notes 1st round then 32nd notes 2nd round at 50bpm - whew shake it out!. Then I do the neo-classical finger exercise - 3 notes, triplets, 4 notes, etc - and then I am going to work on the E maj scale on one string.

My thoughts as I'm playing are - How even are your picking strokes - how does it sound, what is your right hand doing, what is the hindrance? How crisp and clear and on time are you switching between notes? Slow down, lose the pride and put in your time. (Otherwise you're going to continue to suck). Make some music out of it and make it interesting.

For someone who has never had a practice routine and never knew what to do or where to look, this is perfect.
It's doable. Now it's up to me.

So thanks Pebber, Im going to stick with it and not make this another BS post that goes nowhere.

I hope to upload my first video soon with a session I create from the above-mentioned practice

Scroll up

RE: New Member - First Post

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:16 pm
by Cleudi Martins • 24 Posts

Hey man, nice to hear you joined us. Pebber is indeed a great teacher, it only requires hard work. Other than that, you just got to trust the process. Just commented on your old practicing video, if you have anything new, keep us posted.

Best regards.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 60 (yesterday 452) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: