New guy here!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:41 am
by Tom81 • 4 Posts

Hi, guys! I am new here. Just started on the module 1 daily practice videos.

A bit about me:
I am 39 years old, started playing guitar when I was about 14 years old: Learned all the Metallica songs in a couple of years: Developed a shitty technique of course: Tight arm and shoulder; but somehow I got used to this technique and learned to play all the Metallica songs.

I went to a guitar teacher for some years in the beginning, but he mainly just teached me how to play Metallica songs, how to hold the pick and chords, etc.
Didn't learn much from him. So I quit. Then I just kept playing guitar by creating my own songs or doing covers.
I have played in a few bands too, but I found out I like more creating my own music in my room.

I've always made music; Started with Fast Tracker 2 in the 90's, then now I use Reaper and I learned a lot about mixing and mastering. I started studying mixing and mastering back in 2010. Made over hundreds of songs.
So the song creating and the focus on making a good sound took over guitar playing in a way.
But now I miss playing the guitar and want to be really good at it.

So, I was wondering what is the best way of practicing to module 1 if I have just about 3 hours of time to practice every day?
Also what is best way to use this forum? Should I upload videos of me playing and get feedback?
I have seen some here upload videos but they don't seem to get any feedback.

Appreciate if you read all this and gave me some answers :)

Last edited Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 am | Scroll up

RE: New guy here!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:49 am
by Roger75 • 21 Posts

Its a real pity that this forum is not more active would be cool if more people where posting here. You can post your videos here but as you said there is not much activity. I would love to see your videos but I'm only playing guitar for about a year so I'm not really qualified to comment on them.

You could subscribe to the payed lessons then you can get comments from Pebber directly.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:41 pm
by Tom81 • 4 Posts

I am subscribed to his paid lessons :)
And I practice module 1 every day now.
I will upload my technique videos soon.

Here is some music I have made (I have many years under my belt, but I would like to improve my technique and speed so I get up to 220 bpm, and also learn more music theory)

For some reason I can't post youtube links here? help!!! :p

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:48 am
by Roger75 • 21 Posts

click on "video einfugen". Insert the youtube link but you have to change https:// to http://

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:24 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

We used to have a very active forum here a while back, we would have comps and group learning going on. But people move on and have their own paths.
You wont go far wrong with your technique and musicianship if you stick with Pebber though.

And as for what to practice in 3 hours, Module one and two would be a good place to start.
Follow the daily practice schedule take a couple exercisers from spiders,trills, in Module 2 and drill them.

If you want to split the 3 hours you could work your way through the 5 position scale system too.

There was a thread on here somewhere on how to add youtube videos.

the main thing is keep practising.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:41 pm
by Tom81 • 4 Posts
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 431 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: