Arpeggio Practice

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 pm
by Dansimonin • 11 Posts

Hi, I've been following Pebbers advice and insights on, well generally all aspects of the guitar since i discovered him and his lessons. For a while now i have taken the time to watch most of his videos and follow his daily practice. Im currently working on the 14 position system and mapping out chords( scaletone system level 1 videos) as well as all the aspects of technique, timing, scale sequences etc. But one thing i am struggling with is arpeggio practice. Other than learning the arpeggios from the CAGED, & 14 position system off his website, how else can you practice arpeggios?( for those who have watched it i have also watched the modal arpeggio practicing video). How do you guys Practice arpeggios?

Scroll up

RE: Arpeggio Practice

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:38 pm
by hudsontoronto • 79 Posts

the same way you practice scales....by incrementalism, as many rps as you can and using the backingt tracks from this website....
most important of all with arpegios sing what you are playing.....youwill learn twice as fast if you sing what you play....

"I can not overemphasize how important it is to sing what you play or play what you are singing. You do not have to be a singer. You don't have to sing loudly, or even above your breath. Scatting, as this is sometimes called, directly improves your ability to play what you heard, which in turn sounds less like someone playing memorized patterns."
cheers.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:34 am
by Dansimonin • 11 Posts

Thankyou very much for your reply. I have been very reluctant about singing when it came to memorizing scales,arpeggios etc.(i think mostly because my voice dosent have the range to hit all the notes from the 6th to 1st string) But seeing how many people view how important it is i am definately going to follow through with singing what i play.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 01, 2011 10:01 am
by Dansimonin • 11 Posts

One last thing regarding the amount of arpeggios there is to learn: you know how there is many different combinations of formulas for chords? Well if youre in the process of mapping them out and learning them, could you do the exact same thing with arpeggios, since there basically chords played as melodic intervals?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat May 07, 2011 10:36 am
by uderoche (deleted)

To answer your question: Yes. 1, 3, 5 = Major Chord. Start on one string or two strings and map out all the different chords as arpeggios. Write them down and start drilling it every day. Practice both sweeping and not sweeping.

-Ursin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 201 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: