Thumb Pick Question

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:49 pm
by ScalpelStudent • 9 Posts

I have been practicing scalpel picking alot for the past few months now with a normal pick on electric and acoustic guitar. However I am becoming increasingly interested in classical guitar and wonder if it would be easier from switching between the two styles by learning to scalpel pick the same as now but with a thumb pick. Would it be possible to move the thumb joint in the same manner, or am I better off just using a normal pick?

Last edited Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 pm | Scroll up

RE: Thumb Pick Question

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:05 pm
by Debilius • 96 Posts

Blaze from this forum would probably answer the question for you the best since he's using a thumb pick.

While waiting on his answer, you can check his scalpel motion in on of his YT videos:

...if you know of Chris Broderick, he's using a thumb pick sort of(shark tooth pick) also, and he's doing just great with that... especially in switching from tapping to picking...

...and you can check Nicolas Waldo also, if you're interested in just scalpel motion presence in someone's technical playing...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
78 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly