Exercises

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:12 pm
by Case • 68 Posts

Hello Pebber,

First of all, I would like to keep this message short as you mention in your videos that you are quite busy but I cannot miss the opportunity to say a massive thank you for all your hard work. I have big respect for you for sharing such valuable instructions totally free. If only your approach and professionalism was the standard in mass education. Your videos are invaluable, please keep them coming if you can.

My question to you is the following. I think a lot of aspiring guitar players face the problem of not finding enough time to practice. Here I am not talking about the lack of discipline/determination. I myself lose about 10 hours with commuting and a full time job I simply cannot afford to quit and that’s with all the mucking about minimised. So can you recommend some exercises that office rats, like myself, could do to build up strength in the hands, improve finger independence, etc.?

I know this may sound silly but I seem to recall one of your stories about doing some pinky exercise while waiting at a bus stop somewhere.

Thanks!

Scroll up

RE: Exercises

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:52 pm
by ferretwraith • 14 Posts
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

All of the isometric exercises are doable in an office setting. Vibrato exercises etc. Go get a hand gripper and have it in the drawer at work. Squeeze it while you talk on the phone. Someone has already posted the video links to what you were asking.. Good luck with all that -day jobs are massive obstacles to guitar playing!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:38 am
by Case • 68 Posts

Thanks to ferretwraith for the links and thanks Pebber for the advice. I'll be doing these daily!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:33 am
by Case • 68 Posts

In case others read this thread in the future, Pebber has recently uploaded a review of the isometric exercises:

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjt0XNxIp4&feature=feedu

PDF:
http://pbguitarstudio.com/pdf_files/GUIT...ses_1-15-11.pdf

Thanks again!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
353 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia