Guitar Help Update

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 am
by uderoche (deleted)

I have had many of you find me on facebook. Thank you all for the friendship and the connection! Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with me. Just search Ursin DeRoche. You can follow my band as well https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jet-Set-B...211970488855981

Also my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ursinderoche?feature=mhee

Pebber is extremely busy. I also have a very large student load and live shows with my band. However, we want you to be better at guitar!

I get many questions such as "I want to play faster" or "How can I play faster" or "How can I finger tap."

If you have a question, the fourm is a good place to have it answered. Pebber also has many FREE videos on youtube covering a myriad of guitar playing topics.

If you have a detailed question about your own playing problems and you would like to contact me, please do so! But please do not write saying "I want to get better at finger tapping." Pebber has many videos that can help you get started.

If, for instance, you can tap but are having problems, please shoot a video of yourself playing and send me the link so I can see exactly what you are doing AND what you are working on DAILY to improve it.

I will either reply to you or shoot you a short video demonstrating how you can fix your problems.

When contacting Pebber or myself directly, VIDEO of you playing goes MUCH further than words. That way we can see exactly what you are doing and help you address the issue.

So, theoretical questions can be answered easily with text. But if you need YOUR personal playing to be addressed, VIDEO of you playing is the best and most easy. It is very difficult to say what you are doing correctly or incorrectly if we cannot see you.

Thank you my friends and happy practicing!

-U

-Ursin

Scroll up

RE: Guitar Help Update

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Second that. Thanks Ursin!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 pm
by Indrid • 3 Posts

i feel stupid so i just notice your guitar help thread, but to cut it short i need some technique help as mention below...
1. i have large hands (esp. middle finger) i find it hard curling them into a tight position, how should i approach this problem?
2. what would be a good exercise for keeping my large fingers from flailing from the fretboard?
3. should i change to the scalper picking even though i have been reg. practicing up and down picking ?
i don't have a web cam but I'll try to find a way to post a vid or pics of my mitts =)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:33 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Go to Pebber's Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/pebberbrown

Watch all the videos related to left hand technique.

You CAN improve your left hand technique and posture only through daily dedicated practice.

As an example, it took me 3 years of practicing 6-8 hours daily to get my left hand correct. It will happen for you. Takes much time and dedication to get correct.

I think you should change to scalpel picking only if you desire to do so. In my personal opinion, a combination of wrist (alternate), scalpel, sarod, and economy...all mixed together...is the best approach.

But again, you must isolate each motion and practice each one alone...and then practice them together.

Takes much time. You can do it if you have the time. Many people do not have this much time to dedicate to guitar. But any time you have to practice can only help.

Good luck.

-U

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:44 am
by uderoche (deleted)

I'm always offering FREE guitar help to anyone on this forum that wants it. I do it as a favor to Pebber because he has TONS of stuff happening and he has helped me a great deal as both a teacher and mentor.

Hit me up on facebook or uderoche@gmail.com or on the forums

-Ursin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 281 (yesterday 466) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: