Anyone heard of this brand of guitar?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:24 pm
by Expateach • 29 Posts

I have moved to Indonesia. An acquaintance has an acoustic steel string guitar, brand is CORD, it has a pick up with 3 band equalizer. Have not seen it yet. But has anyone ever hear of CORD. Or does anyone have any ideas on buying guitars in Indonesia?

Cheers!

Scroll up

RE: Anyone heard of this brand of guitar?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:16 pm
by PhilMalaysia • 2 Posts

I've seen the for sale here in Malaysia. I've tried so many guitars in Malaysia that would have been nice if they were set up correctly. So first thing to do is to make sure the set up is what you want, then check the intonation, have them adjust that next. Play some scales, chords, arpeggios up and down the fretboard and listen to the tonal quality. If it play great and sounds great then I would imagine its a good deal.

Lots of great guitar players down in Indonesia. Have fun!

Phil

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:07 am
by Expateach • 29 Posts

My mistake. It is a 'Cort' guitar, not 'Cord'.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 pm
by tplu7234 • 39 Posts

Cort guitars are just fine, very popular throughout Australia. What is important is that you sit down and actually try playing the guitar before you buy it. I made the mistake years ago of watching youtube demos or simply reading online reviews about a guitar before purchase. The guitar I bought was fine in the end...but I could have done much better with the money I spent.

It is all about what suits you best, not what suits others. The sound of the guitar is important, you play as many as you can and decide which one sounds best to your ears. There are also many different guitar sizes. Full sized guitars (dreadnought) are not necessarily for adults, you may enjoy playing on half sized guitars more.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:37 pm
by Expateach • 29 Posts

I'm actually quite a big guy, 6'5". I assume the full size dreadnaught has a better, more full, and louder sound. The one I have now I don't think could be full. It looks smaller. I bought it in 1981 when I was a teenager.
The Cort I am looking at is dreadnaught, probably not full size. It has a pickup already and little equalizer.
The problem: there is buzzing on strings 4, 5, 6. It is 2 years old and he wants about $200. The fretboard paint is worn it some places, must have been played a lot.
Also, on strings 1 and 2 around the 15 or high up frets it almost sounds like there is reverb when I play them and it isn't even plugged in!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:22 pm
by Debilius • 96 Posts

Cort makes very fine guitars, my friend owns one, and it's very playable and have a MF sound. It's electric, viva series I believe, and it's very similar to Ibanez guitar I own, Ibanez S series. I don't know if it's a rumor or true, but I've heard that Cort was a sub-factory of Ibanez, just like Starfield was, but don't take my word for granted.

Anyways, if that guitar you're looking at and have second thoughts about buying because owner fucked up an instrument, at least try to lower the price. If it's buzzing that much, it's not worth $200.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 pm
by Expateach • 29 Posts

I think it's buzzing enough, I think it's older than the guy says. I'm going to look around a bit more first but think I'm going to pass. Thanks for the info.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
207 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly