Transcribing vs learning from sheet music

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 am
by ICanOnlyCarry50ChickensAtATime • 14 Posts

Hi folks,
I am currently into transcribing and started to transcribe some easier songs. But if I want to approach a more difficult song, I wonder if you think that learning it from sheets its more rewarding than trying to transcribe the piece?
It's very hard sometimes because of all the instruments playing together and all the effects etc.. even if I could manage to transcribe a part of it eventually, it would have a lot of mistakes and would take a lot of time...
Maybe it's a better idea first to learn a couple of "harder" songs from music sheets and then start to transcribe similar music? I mean, when you transcribe a lot of songs of a certain band and you learned some of their songs from music sheets, you may identify a lot a chords/voicings/etc they tend to use regulary..

What's you opinion? Thanks in advance!

Scroll up

RE: Transcribing vs learning from sheet music

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Ha ha - just keep pressing "rewind."

Scroll up

RE: Transcribing vs learning from sheet music

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:41 pm
by Djangos_tom • 2 Posts

hey mate, transcribing isn't easy, but it's like any other skill - the more you do it the better you get. There is a software called Transcribe which allows you to slow down the music and makes fast passages a bit easier to work out. Once you got the song, practice it for a week or however long it takes you to nail it like you can play it and read the paper at the same time.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 65 (yesterday 65) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: