The CandyRat Records Thread!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:49 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hello Everyone!

Recently, I noticed a couple of responses (from Forum Member aethermachine) in the "Michael Hedges!" thread that referenced a label called CandyRat Records. Therefore, I figured it would be a good idea to simply create an entire thread dedicated to CandyRat Records.

For those who are not yet familiar with this label, I can safely state that CandyRat Records is home to some of the absolute BEST contemporary acoustic guitarists in the world. I think most people would agree that guitarists Michael Hedges, Tommy Emmanuel, and Tuck Andress are the "Three Kings," and "Founding Fathers" of contemporary acoustic guitar virtuosity. Although none of these three are on the CandyRat label, I do not know of any other label with so many talented acoustic guitar wizards.

I think it is rather safe to assume that most of us have heard of an amazing acoustic player by the name of Andy McKee, but have any of you heard this virtuoso?:

Scroll up

RE: The CandyRat Records Thread!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:06 am
by aethermachine • 33 Posts

Heya, nice thread! I have seen some Ewan Dobson's stuff, he is really something. While its on my mind, I was recently looking into some of Tommy's influences, and digging into some old Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed songs, and man was I totally blown away, in terms of technique, Chet Atkins is definitely a good one to look at. Back on the Candy Rat side of things, again one of my favorites Antoine Dufour, and one my favorite guitar jams, JERRY'S BREAKDOWN!! I thought this was a cool video, a bit silly but still an amazing rendition of a challenging song.

Scroll up

RE: The CandyRat Records Thread!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:17 pm
by aethermachine • 33 Posts

I dig the power of the cover.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 222 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly