UPLOAD DOWNLOAD Sites

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 30, 2010 8:29 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Anyone know of a FAST upload/download site? I am very dissappointed with dropsend. I spent ALL weekend making videos and I started uploading to Dropsend last night at midnight 19 hours later it made it to 99% then "ERROR" message. This has happened almost every other time I try to upload. Also the stupid ass transfer rate was only uploading at 16.03 Kb per second. 16K! WTF is that crap????

Scroll up

RE: UPLOAD DOWNLOAD Sites

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 30, 2010 8:32 pm

PS - Dont just start naming free sites because your pals use them. Only mention a site if you actually KNOW WTF you are talking about and KNOW the transfer rate and cost. I pay 19.95/mo for Dropsend unlimted. I dont want any sites that have a 100MB limit.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 30, 2010 10:14 pm
by jimiclaptoncarl • 117 Posts

Ok, I"m not sure as to what the transfer rate is, but I've used this for uploading pdfs, mp3s, and a few wmv files...

I used the free account, I thought it was great for not having to pay anything...

I guess you could try out the free version, and see how long it takes to upload a vid of yours, knowing it will be faster if you are paying monthly "Premium" member.

http://www.4shared.com/premium.jsp?ref=header

"Let's face it, You suck; now what are you going to do about it?" - Dick Grove

Last edited Sun May 30, 2010 10:16 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 31, 2010 10:19 am
by RawkinMetal • 1 Post

I've used both the free versions of Megaupload and Mediafire, and they both work very well for me. Unfortunately, I am not sure of the file size limits or upload speeds or anything. Hope that helped.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Only mention a site if you actually KNOW WTF you are talking about and KNOW the transfer rate and cost.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks a lot but I am trying to uplaod a lot of lesson and audio files to my students and am trying to find a FASTER way to upload. These sites all seem to be slow and the only solutino seems to be to use an FTP instead or buy a Server equipped with Rocket File but then each user would have to buy the client software.

Last edited Mon May 31, 2010 12:36 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

1 year late , yet im going to suggest a faster and totally free method in case you have not considered it,
it will save you bandwidth from your main website and might be a good alternative for your future projects.

Torrents.

Torrenting would enable you to pack all the content downloadable from the website into a single file that can be shared at high speeds.
All that is needed is a couple seeders, but i bet you already know how it all works.
Same goes for videos or lessons , the whole youtube files could be packed into a single file and made available for anyone.

I will gladly seed anything.

For single files i bet you already have a solution,
nevertheless Megaupload offers unlimited space and speed for 9,99 euros a month.

Last edited Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
297 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly