Strat guitars volume knob question?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:06 pm
by Blayze • 32 Posts

I find the volume knob on my strat gets in my way when playing. I use the relaxed-fist floating hand method as you can see in my vids and stuff. Does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you fix it?

Scroll up

RE: Strat guitars volume knob question?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

You got to figure that one out mate. Its a biacci sometimes - the more you play a strat the more you get used to the dimensions of it.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:38 pm
by jimiclaptoncarl • 117 Posts

Yep, the first guitar I played was Les Paul style, when I got my first strat, It was so weird having the layout like that... so I just played the strat for a couple weeks and then it just became pretty natural... So just play it ALOT.

"Let's face it, You suck; now what are you going to do about it?" - Dick Grove

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

I had a strat for a long time. It was the first "real" guitar I ever bought... a 1991 USA standard in vintage white. I bagged A LOT of groceries to get that guitar. No help from the folks.

Anyway, I spent the next several years modifying the guitar in different ways... eventually I bought a different guitar some years later.

One of the things I did was have a luthier take the big square block off the back of the neck and make it more rounded like an Ibanez.

I thought it was great! I asked the luthier, "This is awesome! Why doesn't Eric Johnson or Yngwie do this?"

To which he replied, "It doesn't get in their way."

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:47 am
by Adam (deleted)

Yo Blayze! I understand where you are coming from! I, too, had a Strat (and I MISS it)!

Now, to actually try to SOLVE the problem,,,,could you try a different type of knob? For example, Steve Vai has a Jem that has the SAME knobs as a Strat. However, he replaced the Volume Knob with a smaller, metal one a-la Ibanez (he actually got it from DANNY GATTON)!
Maybe give that a shot!

A LACK OF EFFORT WILL GIVE YOU A LACK OF RESULTS--Pebber Brown

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:26 pm
by SwampRiverMan • 27 Posts

It goes away with time. Seems I remember this problem from some 25 plus years ago.
Forgot when it went away but it's just a matter of the dimensions of the guitar as Pebber stated.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
703 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly