General questions, 1st post

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:32 pm
by student • 146 Posts

I came across Pebber from reddit yesterday and have watched about 10 videos. Rather than explain the stuff that I can do, I will just say that I am a beginner on the guitar. So I will start with Q's ?

1) I found that Pebber demands alot of practice and I can't argue with that. If anyone here takes online courses, is he able to customize a
practice routine to each individual if they give him a time constraint ? Right now I have 90 - 120 minutes per day for practice, would he
setup a customized practice routine or would he have me practicing different modules on different days ?

2) In all of the videos I have scene he has used a pick. I am interested in both using a pick and fingerstyle. Is fingerstyle
taught, or is it all picking ? I would be interested into what a fingerstylist would use for the warm up routine.

Lastly,

Pebber you are awesome. Your brutal honesty and philosopy of you have to put in the time to get great, not only applies to the guitar but to anything you do in general. I have read alot of books on neuroscience and what separates the great from the good. It is a reoccuring theme "deliberate practice". I have came across the theme in "talent is overrated", "think and grow rich", "evolve your brain", "zen and the art of motorcycle maintence ", etc I could go on and on. I think that is why I am drawn to Pebber's method. In another video you talked about really "what it is about is awareness" and I agree with that with everything in life.....when you have that it makes life much easier. When I forget that, for some weird reason my life gets more complicated : )

Scroll up

RE: General questions, 1st post

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Fingerstyle practice methods are covered to the extreme in the online lessons and the DVD's.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
354 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly