New to the forum - here's a video to introduce myself :)

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:23 pm
by DanielMcCarten • 2 Posts

Hey users,
big fan of Pebber and the videos that he does, came across the forum today so here's a first post. Critique/comment and I'll try and improve using the feed back!
Rock on, Daniel :)

Scroll up

RE: New to the forum - here's a video to introduce myself :)

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Hey Daniel, and welcome.

Nice melody and runs there. I have a couple of suggestions:

1) pay more attention to the guitar. You're allowing your attention to be drawn to the camera. That could just be nerves, happens to all of us. :)

2) Work on your fretting hand position on your opening chords. Your fingers are nearly flat while you're playing your C and Bb barre chords, and that's going to make things more difficult for you in the long run. I'm not home now so I can't shoot a video of what I mean, but your 4th and 5th fingers (ring and pinky) should be curved rather than straight.

To work on number 2) you can do chromatic form on all strings, spider exercises, and ladder exercises. Search Pebber's YT channel for those, or look here in the left hand exercises.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:24 am
by DanielMcCarten • 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply and great advice, Farelli.
1. Yeah it was definitely nerves when using the camera, usually always eyes down on the frets when playing haha.
2. After you pointed that out I became quite aware of it when practising, self taught so never really focused on hand positioning ect. but it is something I'm going to be working on using Pebber's YT and the exercises you suggested.
Thanks again! :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:09 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Yeah, I've had that awkwardness with the camera also. Better just to pretend it isn't there. :)

About the fretting hand, definitely look at the videos here, Pebber's videos, and any other you can find. You'll want to fix that habit as quickly as possible. It'll save you a lot of frustration in the future.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 344 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: