Shawn Lane

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:29 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

So many people keep emailing me repeatedly about my relationship with Shawn Lane. People also ask me if he took lessons from me! To sum it all up - Way back in the 90's I was introduced to Shawn through Allan Holdsworth not Brian Carroll. Shawn was an extremely polite and nice guy and I often worried about his excess smoking and drinking and what not. He was extreme to say the least. Brian told me later on that he was friends with Shawn as well and we were BOTH concerned that his excess partying would get the best of him. Well it did. I got the phone call from his mom Diane and she invited ME and Brian to his funeral/wake which was I believe supposed to be somewhere near Memphis, TN. I couldnt make it but I think Brian went. It was a tragedy that I personally watched happen. I had no idea it would be so quick though. The world lost one of the greatest guitarists of all time and he will go down in history I am sure of that.
Thats it.

Scroll up

RE: Shawn Lane

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

r.i.p. Shawn...I am thankful for the time that the world had you.

"Sarod floats like a butterfly...But it stings like when I trill"-Old Shed Proverb

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:52 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

A true phenom that is sorely missed. RIP Shawn.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm
by Drift • 13 Posts

Shawn Lane is a legend in my eyes. R.I.P.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm
by Denny (deleted)

Shawn was riddled with arthritis. The steroids/painkillers/drinking & smoking probably helped numb his pain.
It's really depressing what happened to him. He seemed like a truly humble, honest and decent human being.

IMO, He is the greatest guitar player of all time. R. I. P. Shawn Lane

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
184 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 256) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly