Ridiculous Picking Run!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 pm
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

I have been working on learning this for a while, so I thought I would share it to ya'll!

I can get it at half-speed but at full speed its just ridiculous haha. This guy owns a cannon of a picking hand for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf8rC8zounQ&hd=1

Scroll up

RE: Ridiculous Picking Run!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:19 pm
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

This forum is way too inactive -.- 84 views and 0 discussion, that's a new record.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:23 am
by Oliver • 4 Posts

Hey Buddy,

I am new in this Forum. Even you play it really fast...I have been playing the Guitar only for a year now...I just found the daily practice

routine...I couldn't do this (yet :P)

Do i recognized it correctly, you are not playing sarod-style(with the thumb-joint), are you?

I have problems with playing fast...I can evenly play 3 notes per string at 16th Notes at 100BPM...if I do 2 notes per string I have

to go even slowlier.

Do you have any tips...it seems like so hard? How did you become that fast?...you need this fast string-changes when soloing, playing scales,...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:07 am
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

Haha I'm just sharing this video. I'm NOT the one playing sadly. However, since I posted this video I can play it myself at 75% (I transferred his tab over to Guitar Pro) of the full speed cleanly, slowly getting to full speed.

Personally I don't use sarod-style picking or scalpel picking at all, but I have spent a very long time developing those techniques a couple years back. I like to think that I've pulled what I've found to be the most important aspects of Pebber's (and many others) technique and kept making personal adjustments till I got here. Since this forum is mainly for Pebber's technique videos, I won't talk too much in specific about my technique (unless Pebber doesn't mind of course).

As far as playing fast goes, watch the hell out of Pebber's videos. Pay close attention to unnecessary tension and eliminate it. Then rewatch Pebber's videos some more. This stuff is going to take a couple years to get down. It's going to be a total bitch but there's absolutely no way around practice at all. I promise you that one day all those fancy 3-note or 2-note per string patterns will be piss easy.

Last edited Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:09 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:01 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

My guess is that you didn't get much attention paid to your thread because 1) you didn't ask any questions, and 2) you posted a video of someone else. I'm guessing that if you posted a video of yourself trying to play the passage along with a question like "what can you see in my technique that is preventing me from playing faster, if anything?" you might have gotten a response...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Most are out visiting family for the holidays or going crazy with the daily practice....:)

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:49 pm
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

That's a little harsh. I wanted to share a video and spark discussion, maybe see if anyone gave the lick a go. Regardless, Happy Holidays everyone!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:39 pm
by John567 • 156 Posts

FRaKh has warned us all.... Let it be known that any who dare to tread the Path of Pebber may experience some odd psychological phenomena such as automatic twisting of the wrist, drinking excessive amounts of coffee, and the tactile belief that you can actually hear the metronome disappearing.... these are all signs that you are fading into the abyss....

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:24 am
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

Quote: JoelMedina wrote in post #7
That's a little harsh. I wanted to share a video and spark discussion, maybe see if anyone gave the lick a go. Regardless, Happy Holidays everyone!

A little harsh? I hope you're being sarcastic.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:08 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

This is MY forum and website. There is no such thing as harsh. If you want to get good you have to put up with being uncomfortable and that is the reality.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 pm
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

Quote: pebberbrown wrote in post #10
This is MY forum and website. There is no such thing as harsh. If you want to get good you have to put up with being uncomfortable and that is the reality.

No hard feelings. I was sharing a picking challenge lick, thought you guys may have wanted to try it. This was never about me having any particular issue playing the lick, I'm happily improving haha. Cheers!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 15 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
121 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly