Question about noise while Sarod Picking

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 am
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

Hi I hope you guys could help me out. When I Sarod Pick especially with Scalpel combined my Pick(or Thumb) always causes annoying noise at high speeds, of course It's hard to Help without seeing it if none of you got the same Problem I'll just post a video.

Scroll up

RE: Question about noise while Sarod Picking

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

POST!! please!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:54 pm
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzzujKnPfdE&feature=youtu.be Unfortunatly its not that loud, at the end of the Video I try my attempt of a solution picking more from "above" the string than before. If it's really not loud enough I'll do another one thanks for help really great Forum here !

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:35 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Try truning off all of your effects.....
Then repost

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

I thought you can hear the noise/harmonics better with dist. heres the Clean version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm9Ku8ZITAM&feature=youtu.be

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 am
by JoelMedina • 72 Posts

From taking a look at your video, it looks like you have a very tight grip on your pick; the amount of pressure you are using to grip the pick is visible from looking at the thumb.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Something is off as far as your position...
Ity sounds as if something is hitting....barely....the vibrating string.
Maybe your thumb is too close to the string and barely touching the string....or you are touching the string somehow with the pick just before you strike the string.
In any case thats what I hear...
I think it is more of a position of you pick/thumb than a problem with your set up. I could be wrong because .....maybe your strings are set in a strange way were there is too much ...slack...and causing the noise.
Just my thoughts.

Check your string set up or maybe how you wound your strings when changing them...they may need adjusting....then try it again.

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 pm
by K Kromp • 27 Posts

Thanks for the replies ! tried it on aother guitar and it seems not to be the set up.(even the 009 Strings on the fender get a lot of vibration) I experimented a little and it like Freakh said is the Pick touching the Vibrating String, The hint that my Grip is too hard was also good because it was the first time I noticed it thanks for that. The only point left is a solution i mean I should not make the movement bigger but at the same time somehow avoid the touch of the pick

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
562 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia