A little help getting started please

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:45 pm
by MichaelR • 3 Posts

Hi I just signed up for the free lesson. Although I will donate because there is just to much work on Pebbers part that I cant help but appreciate.
I played guitar for around 10 years just doing my own thing then just let it drop for many years. I now intend to really learn it right so that I may be able to jam with others to feel the fire. At this point although I'm not a beginner I have tons of rusty brain cells and stiff fingers so I don't feel I'm ready to study with Pebbers formally. What I'm needing is Help getting started with a course direction so as to have a running start with the paying course with Pebbers himself. I see that as probably several months form now. Any help with matching pdf files to utube and mp3s would be much appreciated.

Scroll up

RE: A little help getting started please

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:35 am
by KomenEten • 4 Posts

Hi,
I'm rather new myself on this forum as I discovered Pebber's (note the apostrophe !) website only recently. There is plenty of material you can find on Pebber's website and especially on Pebber's Youtube channel. One detail: his name is Pebber, and that doesn't end on "s".
Enjoy .

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:03 am
by MichaelR • 3 Posts

Thanks, I just forget to the ' sometimes like I type Im instead of I'm, I guess I get in a hurry. No offence intended Pebber.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 am
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

Print off the daily practice worksheet and start practicing each module every day for as long as you can. Any exercises that you don't know, do a youtube search for it and I'm sure you'll find it. I'd start w/ the following:

1 - Left hand trills
2 - Scalpel picking w/ a metronome
3 - Pentatonic scale runs
4 - Learn all of the major chord shapes and jam on one chord up and down the neck (CAGED)
5 - Major/Minor Arpeggios
6 - Sing while you play the major scale
7 - Learn a song or solo by ear

If you've got an hour, start w/ 10 min of each every day. Just the above should keep you going for a couple months.

Last edited Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:13 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Spend most of your time in Module 1 and 2 for the first 6 months

Picking single , adj, non adj strings really work on the scapel movement.

Spiders and trills from module 2

Been learning with Pebber a year now and i am on the three finger movement pattern Wholetone Scales module 2
its a lot of work but take it slow and get it right ,

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:54 pm
by MichaelR • 3 Posts

Sounds good to me and thanks for the help. I was a little confused at first due to the wealth of knowledge and detail here but it's becoming more clear thanks to both of you guys helpful suggestions knocking the cob webs out of my brain a bit. Thanks

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
93 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 256) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly