free Software playing sheet music

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:30 am
by notenjesus • 23 Posts

Hi guys, Im still in beginner mode :( and I have a sheet of paper in front of me with difficult notes and rhytm sections. I search a software where I can put in the the notes so that I can play along with my guitar. I hope you understand what I mean.

Scroll up

RE: free Software playing sheet music

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:00 pm
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

Something like this?

http://musescore.org/

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 am
by notenjesus • 23 Posts

Yeah thank you. Do you use it?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Finale, Sibelius, Notion, Musescore - all will do it but Musescore is the worst one of all of them. Thats because its freeware and the programmers do not get paid so there is NO incentive to make it professional. It still works but I find it unprofessional and klunky. I like the main 3 big ones.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 am
by AceLuby • 63 Posts

I agree w/ Pebber, I've used Finale and it's great, very easy and professional looking, but it's not free which is why I suggested Musescore.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 am
by notenjesus • 23 Posts

thx guys - time to spend some money :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:47 am

Musescore is irritating to use (for me personally). It works, its free, it gets the "job" done, but its irritating. Almost ALL freeware and shareware programs to me fall FAR short of elegant. The only one is OPEN OFFICE. That one is the most elegant of all free programs. SCRIBUS is borderline 50/50. The kidns of guys that write the free programs are engineers and math students who are hobbyists and elegant user interface design doesnt mean much to them (except for Open Office) - now WTF is Open Office going through - some SPAWNS liek "Apache Open Office" and "Libre Office" arrrrg.....

Linux is bitchen I am using it as I type right now - but the audio programs fuckin SUCK huge time!!! Ardour? Audacity? LIMMS? bahh total shit all of them!! Also cant get a PRO AUDIO sound card to work with Linux. 4front technologies sells a driver disk that they claim works with the M-Audio 2496 but the driver D/L is $50. And if it doesnt work its still $50. And if it works you are still stuck with Ardour or Audacity. No thanks. WIndows and OSX have FAR FAR better audio programs that are LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything on Linux. Maybe in 10 years that will change - but I am still WAITING for LOGITECH to make a USB 3.0 Webcam! The only USB 3.0 Webcam made rightnow is by POINT GREY and they want about 800 bucks for it!!!! (Trying hard not to say the F-WORD!!!!!)

Last edited Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 am
by notenjesus • 23 Posts

What Audio programs do you personally use Mr. Brown?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:31 am

Lots of different ones - MANY!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 am
by KomenEten • 4 Posts

I would just like to add a few FREE "lite" versions of music notation programs, which I found a few months ago and could maybe interest some of you:

Finale Notepad, to be considered as a free introduction to music notation software ("lite" version of the famous Finale software)
and
Pizzicato Light, also an introductory version of its larger companion Pizzicato (Guitar, or Notation or Pro)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
745 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly