Spreadsheet - Help

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 pm
by sstauf • 10 Posts

Does anyone have a practice spreadsheet they would like to share? I am trying to put a practice schedule together, I seem to spend all my time learning scales and nothing else. From what I read on this forum and in the videos I need a more balanced attack using Mr. Browns's Daily practice plan and was hoping someone put a spreadsheet together to keep of track of progress and exercises. Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Spreadsheet - Help

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 am
by Case • 68 Posts

Check out Pebber's daily practice routine: http://www.pbguitarstudio.com/pdf_files/...ine_3-15-11.pdf

More detailed sheets for some parts of the routine can be found here: http://www.pbguitarstudio.com/GuitarLessonPDF.html

(Thanks again Pebber for sharing this with the public)

There have been a lot of discussions as to how much time you should spend on each module given the time you have for practicing. I think the first two modules should keep you busy for a while :) Get Pebber's picking DVDs too. They will help with the first modules!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:29 am
by sstauf • 10 Posts

Thanks for the reply Case, and thanks for all the videos and written lessons Pebber, I have printed out most of those sheets on the links and they are very helpful. I was going to develop an actual spreadsheet to keep track of dates, times, reps, keys etc... and thought if somebody already went through the trouble they might be willing to share it. If I can get a decent one built I will post on here to share.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:08 am
by Ok_good • 7 Posts

What I do is far from perfect, but i'm refining it as i'm going along. Below is a link where you can see a typical file for 1 day's practice where I was able to plan in 100 minutes. I mainly use ideas from pebber's module 1 and 2, but you can also see exercises from other sources like modern method for guitar (MMG) and troy stetina's metal lead guitar (to the stage solo at the end of the file.)

Very first column the actual time accompllished, 2nd column amount of minutes planned, then the speed at which the exercise is to be done. Then obviously the description with optional notes in italics.

Originally this file is made in iwork pages, where I added a SUM function at the end of the first column. The function is now gone when I exported it to doc. But you get the point I guess.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/48551246/practi...2013/mar/07.doc

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm
by sstauf • 10 Posts

Thanks, This exactly what I was looking for, I can just plug in my own schedule and keep track of time and exercises.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 am
by Ok_good • 7 Posts

I'm very glad it was of any help. If you have any ideas on how to make it more efficiënt/practical i'd be curious to know!

Cheers,

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 75 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: