A Minor Pentatonic Questions

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:37 am
by muldar3000 • 13 Posts

I have a pdf document I got from Pebber that has the Ami Pent Pos 1, Ami Pent Pos 1 long pattern 1 and Ami Pent Pos 1 long pattern 2 across the first page.

1) My question is regarding what fingers to use when transitioning down the neck on long pattern 1 & 2 and the rest of the pages for that matter. Is a pdf available with the finger #'s on the positions to help me know what fingers to use?

2) Also when going back up from the 1st to the 6th do I move and place all the my fingers into the next position like Pebber mention doing when going back up the strings on a chromatic exercise while doing scales?

Thanks in advance!

SM

Scroll up

RE: A Minor Pentatonic Questions

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:40 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi muldar3000!

There really isn't a "right way" or "wrong way" to play those Long Pattern Pentatonic Scales. Me? I will typically assign 1 finger per fret, meaning that is I am playing frets 5 & 8 on the low E string, I will play 5 with index and 8 with pinky.

For a stretch like frets 5, 7, 10, I will adapt my fingers accordingly: 5 = index, 7 = middle, 10 = pinky and move on to the next string. Now, if you are then playing fret 12 on the same string, you can work on sliding 5-7 with index, 10 = ring, 12 = pinky, OR 5 = index, 7 = middle, 10 - 12 = slide with pinky. If the 4 notes are close to each other, say on the high E string, I will play 12 = index, 15 = middle, 17 = ring, 19 = pinky, OR again, incorporate a slide in there somewhere.

You see? There is no definitive way, so practice ALL possibilities.

As far as descending from high E to low E, and whether or not to pick up your entire hand and place it on the next string, it depends on whether or not you are using a slide in there somewhere, or a long stretch. Again, play whatever is comfortable for YOU.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:01 pm
by muldar3000 • 13 Posts

Thanks Adam! And thanks for the email reply as well

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:38 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

It is absolutely my pleasure, muldar3000!!!

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 163 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: