Guitar maintenance

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:46 am
by Case • 68 Posts

Hi guys,

Just wondering what sort of cleaning and maintenance products (if any) you use for your guitars. Some sites and manuals recommend lemon oil for the fingerboard and lubricant for the bridge/nut but I've also read that lubricants can do some damage too. Any ideas on this?

Also, if you do use these products, do you buy the fancy branded stuff or do you know of something that could be picked up at the local hardware store and is just as good?

Scroll up

RE: Guitar maintenance

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm
by chacal • 19 Posts

I believe Uderoche once recommended a sweaty sock that he had just worn all day but I may be misquoting him.

If you are not thinking about the guitar every 30 seconds then you are not concentrating.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:28 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

I like Lemon oil and 4-Zero (0000) steel wool for the fingerboard ONLY. The rest of the guitar I like formula 65.
You definitely have to be careful with the steel wool - mask off the pickups and switches with masking tape first - this is an absolute MUST.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 am
by Case • 68 Posts

Thanks for the advice Pebber! Just one more thing. Can the polish be used on the bridge as well?

My socks wouldn't do the job in the tiny inaccessible recesses ;)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:25 am
by uderoche (deleted)

I honestly have no idea. I have a tech who does all my guitar work. I can change strings. That's about it.

Twitter @ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/UrsinDeRoche
YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:35 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

NO I would not do that.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
91 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly