Sarod-Creative applications thread

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:16 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

Even Though I am buried right now with all the long-overdue stuff I still have to edit and slap up for other threads...I think its about time that this forum had a thread specifically available where people could showcase whatever creative and innovative applications they have come up with that harnesses the raw and explosive furry of the blistering sarod picking style....

I am nowhere near solid enough with the following musical contraptions to post them in a video without fear of suckage, But dangit I worked hard to earn my flutter and I think that without coming up with my own signature amalgamations built upon the technique that all I am left with is a fancy way to tremello on an open string.

I think Frakh has already proven that Sarod can tear it up in 3 N.P.S. contexts with his infernal scale-coilage

I am not very sure yet how useful sarod can be in 2 N.P.S., or 4 N.P.S.

so I am trying to program the hands together for some hybrid mexican Sarod bean jumping- by going up and down the following ideas kinda slow but with extra hard pows on all upstrokes....I dont know why it seems to work for me this way but as long as the fretting fingers can feel the little tug running through the strings that are coming from extra hard upstrokes, it feels like the left hand starts to naturally sync to and follow after the right hand (even when it starts fluttering) here is one I have been working (that I am proud of but still not quite there yet) its an idea built on play sets of 7's moving around the G major Pentatonic...I personally find directional picking here to create more work and just let the jumping bean bounce do the work instead.

dududud udududu ect
E|-15-12----------------------15-17-15----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------15-12--------------------------17-15--------------15-12---------------------14-16-14----------------|
G|---------------14-12-14----------------------16-14--------------14-12-------------------------17-14----------o|
D|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------14-12-14--------------------17-14----o|
A|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Scroll up

RE: Sarod-Creative applications thread

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:30 am
by Scottulus • 222 Posts

You know, the Shawn lane videos by REH have some disgustingly fast footage of Shawn nailing odd note groupings with 2 note per string pentatonics. Probably faster than anyone. The footage of him playing his actual music is terrific also, because he uses it in context, playing some really great music that just happens to have killer technique in it...

Not sure what his method of picking is exactly, but it does seem to have an element of sarod to it. Eric Johnson and Joe Bonnamassa do some cool stuff with pentatonics and odd note groupings. Sound sooooo cool.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:54 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Shawn was a very special talent - its really a tragedy what happened to him. I love Eric Johnson all the way and I am starting to listen more and more to Joe Bonamassa hes fuckin fantastic - great singer too! That singing thing I never got down. I used to have to sing "backup" vocals in bar bands and it was always uncomfortable for me. Arg!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:59 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

having to sing while playing guitar...thats nuts...that would being like having to play a guitar by syncing up 3 hands!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:46 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

Oh man...totally comfortable with 2 note patterns.
Case in point....
Look up the "outside/inside" video.
In the video I started to experiment with drop note pentatonics.
Even note patterns are almost an attribute of the Sarod Technique.
Odd note patterns are a bit more difficult....believe it or not.

I think it is still on youtube.
If not I can post it again...if I can remember my password..lol.

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Rudolf Smuntz
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 156 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: