Hi Resolution Musician

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:31 pm
by n7fv • 6 Posts

Hi all
In the RightHand_part_4A, Pebber talks about becoming a high resolution musician. (I am definitely a low resolution musician!) I only realistically have about 7hrs a week to practice, 3 out of 4 weeks a month. (The 4th week i am on call and end up working 16hr days).
I am feeling confident at 50bpm doing 1, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/16 notes. I get seriously lost in counting odd numbers of notes over 2 or three beats. For example 5 notes over 2 beats. 6 works out, but i get to 7, and fall on my face.
The odd counting for 9 beats seems to become a blur after just a few bars. I'm assuming that I just slow down my metronome until I can get it and work up from there. If anyone has had similar struggles and found a solution, I would love to hear how you worked through it.
Thanks!
Cory

Scroll up

RE: Hi Resolution Musician

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:22 pm
by Marcelo Carvalho • 3 Posts

Hey Corey, I know very little but I had a similar experience to yours recently. So some metronomes have a different click on beat one. Have you tried them? It worked out for me because I couldn't focus only one beat one while ignoring beat two. The different sound on beat one made it way easier. Once I got the feel of the rhythm changing to regular metronome was no big problem either. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Last edited Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:22 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 pm
by n7fv • 6 Posts

Thanks Marcelo. I use a metronome but never adjusted the sound on different beats. I'll definitely give it a go.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:05 pm
by deltadaz • 9 Posts

I started by counting 7 as 4-3. and 9 as 5-4. making sure to keep things even. slow is surely the way.

and as mentioned above when playing over 2 and three beats start by just concentrating on that first beat,
until you get a feel for it.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
16 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 950) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly