String Bending

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:33 pm
by student • 146 Posts

I have a low action on my guitar and lately I have been trying to learn how to bend strings.
The one consistent problem I have is when I bend up say from the B string to the G string, the G string will get caught under my finger tips and make unwanted noise. I have tried many angles on this, I am thinking is this a problem that palm muting should solve ?

Don't listen to me
Scroll up

RE: String Bending

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:04 am
by diegopaudyal • 91 Posts

Quote: student wrote in post #1
I have a low action on my guitar and lately I have been trying to learn how to bend strings.
The one consistent problem I have is when I bend up say from the B string to the G string, the G string will get caught under my finger tips and make unwanted noise. I have tried many angles on this, I am thinking is this a problem that palm muting should solve ?

Yes! You can use your palm to mute the lower strings on the guitar. I personally use my thumb to mute the lower strings. I use my palm only to play palm muting technique.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:44 am
by Tom (deleted)

I've got kinda small finger so I use the part below my knuckle on the thumb to mute strings when bending, and I'm for some reason most comfortable when bending upwards to let the string get on top of my fingernails.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:28 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

The guitar is a very physical instrument and its going to do all that. You have to mute with WHATEVER finger, palm, wrist, anything you got on EITHER hand to use that will mute unwanted string noise. I used to use my 2nd, 3rd and 4th finger on my picking hand to stop strings from ringing and the side of my thumb to stop the bass strings from ringing. Theres no easy way to do this. Theres no magic technique for this. Turn your amp up loud and start trying it and if you get noise figure out where its coming from and mute it with whatever you have available.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 20 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
20 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 939) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly