Ursinic Appreciation board

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 12, 2014 10:40 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

Dude I felt like giving you a public aknowledgementg/shoutout/ or whatever here for all the work you both do and have done for those that frequent these here Pebboric studios. You are not at all stingy with the time you freely offer here to users both new and old...(lest anyone think or fear you as being unapproachable because they dont happen to know you). You clearly care about everything going on all up in here, and for that you are hereby aknowledged...It be wicked cool to actually meet you in person one day. (same goes for Pebber and 2x for Frakh but ONLY because I about think how fun it would probably be to actually all sit down on some yoga mats like little junior shaktis, legs all folded up indian style, and to play out that sarod long into the night. Thanks to you dudes, and be aknowleged for your contributions!

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

RE: Ursinic Appreciation board

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Thanks bro...I think.

Pebber has done a lot for me over the years so I'm just paying it forward.

(Pay it forward is an expression for describing the beneficiary of a good deed repaying it to others instead of to the original benefactor)

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue May 13, 2014 2:15 am
by Case • 68 Posts

I second what Nick said. Thanks for all your work Ursin!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue May 13, 2014 7:53 am
by uderoche (deleted)

No problem guys.

I like interacting with you guys and helping with your guitar playing.

I have emailed with a lot of you, Facebook chat, and I've talked on phone to dlraben (Damon), Nicky Boy (Nick Jacquet), and also dgibson (Daniel).

I'm fairly easy to find:

email: uderoche@gmail.com
Twitter: @ursinderoche (Van Jones AND Chuck D follow me...you should too)
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Instagram: @ursinderoche
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ursinderoche (For all the VLOG O DOOM videos)

Or we can chat on the phone.

I'm pretty easy to find guys!!!

best

-u

Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue May 13, 2014 3:19 pm
by gibsoda • 6 Posts

I am new here, but I like this place. I really appreciate the interactions I have had thus far (though they are few) and Ursin has helped me out already and given me good guitar advice. Thanks Ursin! I look forward to spending more time around these parts.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue May 13, 2014 4:41 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

I appreciate the thread. "Guitar Player" asked to make a video where I was just "shredding" Hmmmmmmmm

So, for you guys, did it. I hope I am "shredding" enough!!!! Let me know!!!

Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue May 13, 2014 5:45 pm
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Oh hell yeah. Some great stuff in there! Thanks for sharing that man!

Instead of reading this you should be practicing. Slowly. With a metronome.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue May 13, 2014 9:12 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

That's about as much shredding as I do guys. I like to play fast but I like to play meaningful, slow expressive lines just as much....if not more as I get older. Anyone can play fast. You just have to have no life for a few years. Look at youtube. Fast guitar players all over the place! But do they move you at all? Not really. When I die I don't want people to say "Yep, he sure was fast." That's dumb. Speed is just one element of many many elements.

Having said that, I turned on the jets a few times for you guys

Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 14, 2014 3:18 am
by Guitar Player • 83 Posts

Quote: uderoche wrote in post #8
That's about as much shredding as I do guys. I like to play fast but I like to play meaningful, slow expressive lines just as much....if not more as I get older. Anyone can play fast. You just have to have no life for a few years. Look at youtube. Fast guitar players all over the place! But do they move you at all? Not really. When I die I don't want people to say "Yep, he sure was fast." That's dumb. Speed is just one element of many many elements.

Having said that, I turned on the jets a few times for you guys

Ursin when I asked you if you make a video of you just playing I said to just to let rip, I never goaded you into doing it. I have watched your videos in the VLOG of DOOM and they are great but I wanted to see you apply your technique, theory and playing from a musicial standpoint.

TO ALL OF MY FELLOW FORUMS MEMBERS.....When you watch this video of Ursin play guitar here, look at his form and technique.....is it FLAWLESS. This is exactly how a players form should be if they are looking for the "Keys to the Lambourgini" technique wise to quote Michael Angelo Batio.

It takes thousands of hours for a player to get their technique and form to this level and takes IMMENSE concentration to do this so naturally. As for all of those guys on Youtube like Ursin mentioned that are all about playing as fast as possible that is all just totally bullshit.

A great example of this are people like the Wizard of Shred and people like Andy James who does all of thos Lick Libary videos on youtube. Yeah, they can play fast but no end of people can play faster than those guys and make incredible music and songs. No end of those Wizard of Shred characters etc. limit of playing the guitar is 3 NPS played only using a couple of scales or modes over 5th interval dyad chords(POWER CHORDS).

Michael Angelo Batio is a great example of a player with FLAWLESS technique(and I am not knocking him he spent thousands of hours learning those licks, seriously). But all he does now is plays the tune "No Boundries" that he first came up with back in 1990 and does covers of players like Randy Rhoads, Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen. Fair play and good luck to him because he has had a very good career out of doing that.

I have seen Michael Angelo Batio's Speed kills guitar tuition videos and he says in one of them regarding playing fast "All I am concerned about is playing 16th notes in a steady pulse with the metronome". That is good up until a point but that one dimentional thinking. Michael Angelo Batio wouldn't go up stage with Allan Holdsworth or John McLaughlin because they would making him look like a total clown.

Don't get me wrong, Michael Angelo Batio's are certainly worth watching and learning for a player to get their technique together but from a musical standpoint, it is totally worthless. There is no feeling is his playing at all.

Eddie Van Halen is one of the prime examples(it not the one) of a player who has the right combination of both technique and feeling in his playing. Jimi Hendrix is as well to quote the great Shawn Lane "Jimi Hendirx had some of the most unbelivable technique on guitar when it comes to bending and vibrato".

People that buy into the Wizard Of Shred and Lick Libary are getting conned...they will only learn to play the guitar at a very basic level. Like Pebber said about those type of guys and these strip mall guitar teachers who tell people they will become virtuoso's overnight "Fuck that!!! It's all Bullshit and you know it".

Ursin and I have talked about that kind of nonsense quite a bit and for guys who really care about playing guitar to a high level and care about making great music, it is maddening.

Just recently a friend of mine who is a singer asked me to go play guitar for him at few gigs he had lined up. He said to me "You are an amazing guitar player one of the best I have seen outside of guys who are professionals". That was really nice of him to say that to me and he meant it. It is nice to hear things like that. It gave me a good feeling about my playing. I told him that I wasn't interested. This friend of mine is a really nice guy and is a pretty decent singer but the songs he plays are all basic covers songs(All simple I,IV, V chords) so I said to him if he wants to get something happening the requires me to play solos and stuff I'd do it.

I went to see the first gig he played and he got 2 other guys to play guitar for him and they did really well and my friend sangs the songs great. All the songs they played were very simple musically but they played them great and I told them that as well. That friend of mine is a really nice lad, he is very humble and gracious and I hope he does well in playing gigs and stuff.

There are some other "Musicians" that live locally to me and they are THE WORST PLAYERS I have ever seen in my entire life(I have shwn videos of those clowns to Ursin and he couldn't believe how shite they were). That one band are the most arrogant pricks have come across too. They do not know how to tune guitars, they cannot playing in time and they cannot play in key. Yet.....They are out here locally where I live playing gigs(and getting paid too!!!).

Stuff like that makes me get discouraged but you just have to rise about it, you know?.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 14, 2014 3:56 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

sounds awesome ursin. thanks for sharing!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed May 14, 2014 4:55 pm
by Guitar Player • 83 Posts

The nice thing about the Forums here is that we get to have serious talk about playing guitar and all of the people here are really friendly. There are players of all levels here too. We are all looking to improve our playing and get better at making music. It takes a long time to become a really good guitar player.

I can't thank Pebber enough for all of the videos he has posted on youtube for free and for having these forums for players to discuss playing, music and guitar technique. Ursin is a TOP CLASS guitar player who is very humble and gracious. He has given me so much great advice about playing and I can't thank him enough for spending the time to expain things I am unsure of.

Myself, I find some of the aspects of theory very confusing so that is something I am working on at the moment. It's a massive amount of learning involved with theory.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 15, 2014 8:10 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

All this talk about "classes" of guitar players...makes me think that about how selfdefeating it is for me to be even 1 little iota distracted from furthering my pursuit after myown guitar dreams by spending any of my time worrying about how bad or good someone else might be at playing based on nothing more than my own limited and quite possibly mistaken perception of them.

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
56 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 344) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly