Introduction

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:41 pm
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

Hello Everyone,

Here is a brief introduction along with what I'm doing guitar wise at the moment. I am 52 years old (53 in 13 days), I live in North Wales (UK), am currently unemployed (have a long-standing lower back problem) but am looking for work. I am separated from my wife, although we still live in the same house and have a 12 year old son. I have been a member of the forum for a few weeks now and I have just subscribed to Pebber's on-line tuition (1 video a month to start with).
I am a complete novice, I've been following Pebber's free YouTube lessons for about 2 months and am making some progress but I'm sure it will be a long time before I can play anything! What started me off was my 12 year old taking guitar lessons at school and needing a guitar, as I wanted to learn at his age but wasn't allowed, I finally began 40 years later!

I am struggling with some aspects of the left hand control/action, due I expect to various injuries that hand has sustained over the years but I suspect that I'm lucky in not having learned any bad habits. I find the right hand to be fairly easy in comparison, I can do the scalpel picking exercises without having to keep looking where my had is (which I'm pleased with).

The Guitar I have is a Stratocaster type with SSH pick ups which I have built myself from a second hand body, neck and imported Chinese pick ups & wiring. The latter in hindsight was a mistake as the volume pot is playing up! I've decided to replace the pick ups with 2 Artec Black HOT RAIL SINGLE COIL HUMBUCKER's and in the humbucker slot a Warman G-rail triple coil pickup, 6 wire output. with the wiring to give every combination of set up including all on. I'm not sure what the final effect will be but it'll be fun building it.

In the mean time I can use my Son Strat copy for the videos for my lessons.

I am looking forward to posting my first video and taj=king part in the discussions here, once I know what I should video.

Regards,

Paul

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 321 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly