How to upload pdf files to forum

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:17 pm
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

Hi all,

I've been doing shed loads of theory stuff on scales, etc. I think I've got the hang of it up to now and have some 150 pages so far. I then thought what if I'm doing all this wrong? So I have scanned about 50 pages so that I can have it 'marked' and corrected as necessary by those of you who know your theory. However, I can't get them to upload into an accessible file on here. I'm sure it's straightforward enough once you've been told how to like the video's

Cheers,

Paul

Scroll up

RE: How to upload pdf files to forum

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:33 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hey Paul

Have you thought of the button "attach file" at the bottom of this screen where we write our messages? It is indeed straightforward see the screenshots:

Upload files 1.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Upload files 2.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I dont know if there is a data limit i uploaded a document with of only 1.7 MB I assume that your 50 pages is a bit more as 1.7 MB.

I hope this helpd, good luck

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
Major_Scale_2_Neck_worksheet Edited!.pdf Major_Scale_2_Neck_worksheet Edited!.pdf
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:55 am
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the information, you are right I did try to upload all in one go, never thought of the data limit! I try it again, although mine don't look as neat as yours, I couldn't be bothered with having to try and add them to the original pdf, too much stopping and starting. It was much quicker by hand but legibility is the down side

The file sizes are too big so I have uploaded them to Dropbox, it won't let me post it as a link so here is the address: (you need to add 'h t t p s : / / w w w .' before the dropbox bit ,without the spaces, I think)

dropbox.com/sh/kyntcmficofhsw4/AACoWO4vSyPTW8o_V5AGcqiJa?dl

These are some of what I have completed so far, just for someone to check over and make sure I'm not doing it wrong!

Also I don't understand why the 1,3,5 scaletone doesn't link up to the CAGED chord format in the Minor scale (I haven't had the lesson from Pebber for this yet, so I'm getting ahead of things). That said, is this because a different set of scaletones are used or that the 1,3,5 depicts chords I don't know yet?

Thanks folks for you precious time (should be practising I know)!!

Paul

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:28 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Paul,

First when you use links your should write them HTTP: leave the S out! Secured links dont work on the forum i guess.

Wow that are a lot of uploads I'd like to take a look but if you use my PDF you can check them out for yourself i know the one i've send is correct.

Regarding your comment on the minor. I think it will only work on the E-form and A-form chords (when using barre). I asked this question once to Ursin and he mentioned that the minor chords lay different on the neck of the guitar because of fingerings (if i remember well).
So i did not learn 5 different positions on the minor scales, I learned just one. The one that Pebber says when he explained the CAGED system complete. I dont know if you have that video allready but i beleive it is also somewhere on youtube.

I hope this all makes a bit sens to you

grtz Ray

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:13 am
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

Hi Ray,

Once again my thanks; for the bit about HTTP, Using your PDF (didn't think of that!) and about barre chords (beyond me at present)

I'll get around to posting a new video soon, to see if my perception of improvement is true or just in the mind!

Thanks again,

Paul

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:16 pm
by dehowe85 • 27 Posts

Do you have a link to the thread where yours are at?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:45 pm
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

Hi dehowe85,

http:
//www
.dropbox.com/sh/kyntcmficofhsw4/AACoWO4vSyPTW8o_V5AGcqiJa?dl

You need to put all 3 lines together to make the link, the site won't let me post a link, possibly because I am relatively new and don't have many posts yet. I don't know for sure.

Paul

Last edited Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:48 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:14 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Paul

We all have the same privileges and restrictions it doesnt have to do with how long your a member. But here is the link i took out the http and www part youre browser will place them bit itself ;)

THE LINK

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:05 am
by Paul Amos • 19 Posts

Thank you Ray,

I am on a couple of astronomy forums and they have a minimum number of posts before you can post a link to another place. uploading images is all right in them. I supposed that it was the same here, in that you can upload a YouTube video of your practice for feedback. Which reminds me that I need to record some of my playing this week to see what yo all think

Paul

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
20 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly