RE: Music Software Popularity Index - 2009 Q4

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 24, 2010 2:27 pm
by 1ryan5150 • 2 Posts

I really like GarageBand even though they don't give you all the loops

Scroll up

RE: Audio Software Thread

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 24, 2010 10:35 pm
by Adam (deleted)

Sony Acid is just AMAZING! I am getting much more comfortable with it, and it blows most other audio software OUT OF THE WATER! I am happy to be getting back into recording, but the bottom line is this: If you can't play guitar, all the software in the World WON'T SAVE YOU.

A LACK OF EFFORT WILL GIVE YOU A LACK OF RESULTS
-Pebber Brown

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

It always amazes me that Pro Tools always gets ranked no#1 - I have to fight with it whenever I use it.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 27, 2010 6:30 am
by Adam (deleted)

AH! I used to have something called Cool Edit Pro, back in 1998, which was very similar to Pro Tools! I really got the hang of it, but in 2001, I got rid of my computer and lost the program. I really lost all interest in recording UNTIL I was introduced to Sony Acid Pro 7.0, and now, I am like a kid in a Candy Store!

-Pebber Brown

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 27, 2010 11:22 am

Cool Edit Pro became Adobe Audition and now Adobe once again has changed the name to Adobe Soundbooth and its available in their Master Collection with Premiere Pro. Very heavily upgraded and modified though you wouldnt recognize it as being Cool Edit Pro.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu May 27, 2010 1:47 pm
by Adam (deleted)

OK,,,,I knew it had something to do with Adobe, these days! You know, even back in '98-'01, that program was tops! Like playing guitar, I often wonder "what could have been" had I been able to have the attitude, passion and DRIVE I have now,,,,but then again, "wondering" is nothing but a waste of time!

-Pebber Brown

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:37 pm
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

Anyone have experience with Logic Pro? I have Sonar and am sick of the bugs.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:13 am
by Adam (deleted)

Those of you with experience in home recording, do you hear a difference when working with a .WAV as opposed to an MP3? Now, I know that those .WAV files are HUGE compared to the MP3's, but I really don't hear a difference in sound quality,,,even with the headphones on.

Any thoughts?

A LACK OF EFFORT WILL GIVE YOU A LACK OF RESULTS--Pebber Brown

Last edited Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:14 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:49 am
by daniele • 12 Posts

I really love Ableton Live 8 cauz it s full of really nice plug in for guitarist and it s a perfect integration for loop and live recording.It s really easy to use and when you spent some hour doing mastering U can have a real nice product.I do my backing track inb a wink of an eye.Regarding difference from wav to mp3....i use mp3 just to listen music from I pod.If u do a spectrum analysis of a wav and compare it with the mp3 U ll notice the great loss in the overall quality.Mp3 is good also to have a big library of music on ur hard disk but if I have to record....i just want a .wav file

Last edited Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:51 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:15 am
by Adam (deleted)

Yeah, I did an entire semester on "The Physics Of Music And Sound," so I am familiar with wave analysis and all that jazz, however, I am talking about what your EARS tell you,,,,not what is on some graph.

For example, Ursin just sent me a KILLER solo he did over a jazzy comp I'm working on, and with my headphones on (AND, according to Ursin, through some "expensive studio speakers," it sounded wonderful, however, upon playing it normally, just through the computer speakers, you could NOT hear his solo, hardly at all! Ursin also listened through normal computer speakers, and he got the same result I did.

So you see? Again, I KNOW which one is supposed to be better, according to the physics, BUT I want to know if anyone can honestly hear a difference in sound quality, when played through NORMAL SPEAKERS...NOT HEADPHONES!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 pm
by daniele • 12 Posts

To my ear MP3 sound shit.That s all I can tell by myself.And if i look some stupid graphs is just to reinforce my theory ..Theres no way to say that mp3 sound better than wav.I think U have to listen more carefully .
My personal idea that s all.I notice a really big difference when I listen music and when i listen what i record on my stereo.And i don t mean two near field monitor.I mean an valve amplfier- 2 home made 3 way speaker box.Regarding headphones ....i never listen nothing with them nor I use them to listen backing track when i record guitar.I think they are good just to fuck my ears.

Again ..... Its my personal idea.U are asking if someone can really notice the difference.
YES I DO

Last edited Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:20 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:46 pm
by Adam (deleted)

Hmmmm,,,I am not too sure what you are saying, but OK.

I think I may have confused you, and no I don't have to listen "more carefully." You are turning this in to something it isn't, and it's probably best to relax and check on that garden of yours.

When you say, "I think they are good just to fuck my ears," what does that mean exactly?

Sounds kinky.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:38 pm

I have a hard time hearing much difference myself between MP3's and WAV's however in slower tunes you can really tell with the reverb tails. Cymbals also dont sound as sheen.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 am
by daniele • 12 Posts

I mean they hurt ears that s all.And surely they are not the best way to discover the different nuances between wav and mp3.Mp3 just cut a lot of frequencies that s all.
P.s. please man no reason to fight against me...if u think what i say its kinky or stupid or that i must look my garden or that i ve misunderstood ..just don t reply to my answers.Im not a sound engineer but my ears are really experienced.
P.s.. when i joined this forum I ve read "we want u to be active "than what ....anytime I post something after me there s u trying to make me pass as a fool.Let me read and answer if i can.If i can t i just stop posting and only read.
Peace

Italians are hot

Last edited Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:01 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:22 am
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

I knew it!
Knew it from the first 10 words!
I should become a fucking profiler...........

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:55 am
by Adam (deleted)

Right, FraKh? I smell a rat!

It's funny, this is the FIRST TIME I ever responded to this Joker. I see where this is headed; somebody is looking for a fight, and I LOVE a good fight.

Look, whoever you are, you made your point, TWICE. Nobody said MP3 was "better" than .WAV. I asked if there was a "noticeable" difference,,,,you tried to say, "yes." I think. OK....done. I was asking somebody with experience, but yet again, I have to make a concession for the "Bottom-feeders", "Wanna-be's" and "Hacks" that Forums like this, inevitably attract.

Now, you have opened the Flood Gates.

You say you are an "Engineer?" Really? What experience do you have? POST EXAMPLES...don't just "talk." PROVE.

Hey FraKh, I wonder if by "Italy," he really means, "Indiana."

Last edited Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:02 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:08 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Frakh is...The Profiler

Episode 1: The Italian Engineer

I really think we can develop this guys...let's work up a script and pitch it to FX or HBO

The reason I say FX or HBO is because we're gonna use a lot of "fuck" and I'm assuming there will be some fairly brutal violence from time to time

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:13 am
by Adam (deleted)

HAHAHAHA!!! Don't forget about a good "ear fucking" scene, too.

HIS words, not mine.

(I wonder what this guy grows in that garden of his????)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Adam , you can be like the cop that needs Frakh The Profilers help to solve crimes...for fun let's make it internet based crimes.

Pebber can be the Chief of Police. He knows you guys do a good job, but sometimes he doesn't approve of your methods.

I'll be like, the bad guy who is in a biker gang or something and I help you guys when I can. I'll be in like every 3 or 4 episodes.

In Episode 1 you guys travel to find The Italian Engineer who you think is a chick...only to discover it's a dude from Indiana living in his mom's basement.

-Ursin

Scroll up

The Dude from Indiana

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:44 am

A dude from Indiana living in his mom's basement.... could it be none other than the worlds greatest self proclaimed guitarist/catbox neglecter?????

Scroll up

RE: The Dude from Indiana

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:37 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Frakh The Profiler and Adam get to the house in Indiana and...it IS HIM! The Catbox Negelcter! And he's in the middle of making a new video that he will spam in forums called "This Is The Way I Do It." Kind of a take on McLaughlin's video series.

Adam goes in, but takes a 9mm slug to the shoulder...and Frakh The Profiler gets captured and held in the basement.

I see Emmy nomination

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 pm
by daniele • 12 Posts

.....someone have read what i have wrote?lol pay attention when u read and u ll clearly find that i've said that "I m not a sound engineer"Pay attention.And If u want to come to in Italy to visit there s no problem for me.My mom left earth long time ago.
Signor Pebber Brown I really want to say that I have enjoied a lot and still wait with passion for the next videos that ll come .
And to continue to learn from U I can say there s no need to post anymore on this forum.I ll just follow ur videos and read the various thread. I was planning to send some videos of my playing but someone here make me change my mind.I don t need to prove nothing especially to Adam.I have seen ur videos....where U say "i wanna people to critique me so I can improve"Well thats my critique looking and listening ur video i can tell that U have to improve a lot.But i hope U know.Now since U ask peoples to tell if u suck so u can improve don t argue with me if i say U suck. Or just don t tell people to critique
As Pebber Brown said "....because peoples don t really know how much they suck"
The plot for the comedy was really interesting maybe U can do better as a Tv show writer.
Thanks for ur incredible massive amount of information that U share to the world Signor Pebber Brown .The discussions happened here won t make me change my mind that following ur ideas and ur teaching can only make me a better and happy player.
Thanks a lot again
P.s. Signor Brown wuold u please remove my account on this forum?Since even U say "could it be none other than the worlds greatest self proclaimed guitarist/catbox neglecter?????"i don t think i ll have any good time here:U guys don t even know me and i ve just became a joke.Im not the greatest world self proclaimed guitarist....sorry to ear this

Last edited Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:43 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:42 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

You know...one thing I must is to thank knucklehead the next time I see him. Because ever since he FUCKED ME I have always watched my back and tried to plan 10 steps ahead just to see what the fuck was going on.

Yeah..Indiana....

You know man...if you want a job I would give you one. You obviously love to fuck with people...let me use and develop it correctly..:)? I/(maybe we) have the need for your time and I/(maybe we) have the resources for someone like yourself.

Let ME/(maybe us) expand your talent?

Contact me with your resume.....

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
243 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia