Is it like this in all genres?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 am
by Faz • 9 Posts

Hey forum, I was thinking the other day about much it sucks to be a guitarist who likes Metal since there seems to be some unknown competition between EVERY metal guitarist.

I've noticed this from the first year I started to learn the guitar, I learnt a Metallica song and shown it to my buddies at school but instead of them being "oh that's cool!" it was more like "Pfft! That song sucks, I can play such such and that's better and faster"

4 years later and everything's practically the same haha Every youtube video with a metal guitarist or a shredder on turns into a debate of which one is better or which one is faster.

I was wondering, is it like this for other genres such as Jazz or Blues? I love Metal music but the fans (mostly guitarists of that music) piss me off...

Plus, from what I can see from Pebber's videos all the stupid-ass insulting comments are mostly from arrogant metal shredders.

Last edited Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:54 am | Scroll up

RE: Is it like this in all genres?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

IT only exists in the genre of Metal shredders. Its a childish mentality.

Scroll up

RE: Is it like this in all genres?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 pm
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

Yes, only metal players are like this, dont try to figure out why, it makes no sense. Music is not a competition. Remember, NO one can make you feel bad about yourself or your guitar playing without YOUR permission. Rock on good sir!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 375 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly