Mod 1 Alternate picking to 8s at 50 bpm

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:38 pm
by gas17565 • 11 Posts

This is the first video I've posted in awhile, so I went back to the beginning. I suck, I know. I am struggling to get a daily routine started, am just starting to make some headway in that area. I don't always get time everyday to practice. I am working on spider exercises, right hand scalpel picking, 5 position scales and E minor pentatonic. Main goal on the guitar other than to just improve is to play Jazz Real Book standards. Also like Ted Greene chord melodies, favorite players TG, Jerry Garcia, Grant Green, Wes, Joe Pass, others. Feel free to pass along constructive criticism, thanks, will be posting again in the very near future...

Scroll up

RE: Mod 1 Alternate picking to 8s at 50 bpm

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:57 pm
by herm • 14 Posts

Looks solid! Only note I have as an onlooker is that on some of then you were really hammering the 1. That's good for keeping time, but I think the goal with these right hand drills is absolutely consistency on each stroke.

Scroll up

RE: Mod 1 Alternate picking to 8s at 50 bpm

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:16 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Gas17565!

I see don't see or hear anything in the video that would make me think you "suck." Quite the contrary, I think this little video was pretty much perfect!

Thank you for posting, and keep up the great work!

(I really dig your list of favorite players, too)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 112 (yesterday 65) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: