Beyong Chops - Dick Grove School Without Walls

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:54 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hey all,

Anybody here familiar with the course materials from the Dick Grove School Without Walls. Theres a guitar course written by Dana Rasch which is called Beyond Chops. Im wondering if this would be a good course to use together with the course materials from Pebber and if it is good material? I hope someone has some experience with this.

Grtz Ray

Scroll up

RE: Beyong Chops - Dick Grove School Without Walls

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:06 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Although I am not familiar with these particular course materials, I definitely encourage you to supplement your Pebber Brown studies with anything Dick Grove-related that you can get your hands on. Talk about THE MASTER...Wow, Dick Grove is simply second-to-none!

Anyway, I am a bit familiar with Dick Grove's teaching, so if you decide to move forward and find yourself in need of some help, please continue to post to this thread. This is exactly what I mean when I say that this Forum is a place where we can come together and REALLY learn!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:30 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Great That means that I will place a order today! Thanks Adam

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

On the Dick Grove site you can get some free lessons. I dont know if you or anyone has interest in it but I thought lets share the link.

Dick Grove Free Lessons

I can't wait till my stuff will arrive. I think I will have to wait for a while they have to send it to Brazil. Im waiting for payment instructions hopefully I'm able to pay today and will receive the material soon.

Maybe now and than I will post some question and or videos about me struggeling with the material.

A lack of afford is a lack of result!
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:50 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Just received a mail from the supplier and in about 2 weeks I should receive my material, can't wait!

A lack of afford is a lack of result!
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:28 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Good stuff, Ray! Thank you for posting that link, as well.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:38 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hey Adam,

Yesterday evening my study material arrived. I have a lot of cd's and dvd's and some books to work with. The first chapter covers learning the Pentatonic Maj Scales in 5 positions and all keys (including the relative minors). The whole method is based on these scales later it will go to Major and melodic Minor. I attached a picture with the content of the course. As you can see from section 4 it will get pretty cool there all the previous material will be applied. In case you or anyone else have some questions on this course feel free to ask.

|addpics|ww-1-7c1c.jpg|/addpics|

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:37 am
by Rick McDaniel • 4 Posts

I took this course 20 years ago....it was the only method that worked for me.... I learned music theory and visualizing scales and patterns up the neck etc......highly reccomended

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:39 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hey Rick,

Thanks for you comment and welcome to the forums. The material is indeed quite old (1993) and still a bit expensive IMHO. But I heard so much good reviews about it that I thoought I would the the money worth.

Did you do the Beyond Chops and See It Hear It / Hear It Play It course too both? d you go to the school or did you do it on your own pace at home?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 pm
by Rick McDaniel • 4 Posts

At first I started the See it / Hear it course and it kicked my butt,,, Solfege {sight singing} etc. I noticed Pebber goes into that later. I did the the whole Beyond chops with Dana Rouche including phone support. It was all online. It teaches you the 5 basic patterns and build up from there having you do tons of repetitious exercised to memorize the shapes. Great course for Music theory also. It just drills everything in your head . Modes,scales, shapes ,chord structure etc....

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:13 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

The both courses seems to be very good from a first point of view Im happy I bought it and I beleive when I take it all serious and study hard it will make me a better musician for sure. Lets see how it is after a couple of months

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
173 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 256) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly