Index Finger Pain

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:40 am
by Baffupdrizz • 3 Posts

Greetings,
I am 22, and I picked up the guitar about a year ago. I have been keenly following Sir Pebber Brown, and I do have most of the videos especially the ones that he emphasize proper technique.
About a week ago, I noticed that I wasn't quite playing with the very tip of my index finger, and it was quite inhibiting especially when trying to learn appergios. I opted to correct it but the tip feels excruciatingly painful whenever I press onto strings. I have gone ahead to do trills even with the pains but it's really slowing me down. This is happening on the index finger alone. Please help me.

Scroll up

RE: Index Finger Pain

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:04 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

maybe move down the finger slightly. have you had problems with that finger before,
I know i got a piece of glass in one of my fingers years ago. its still in there somewhere and hurts if i press in the wrong position. it will take time to build a callous on your finger also if you just changed position take into consideration also,
maybe pop a video up so we can have a look at your form.

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:42 pm
by Baffupdrizz • 3 Posts

Thanks a ton Delta,
And yeah, I'm trying to adjust the position closer to the nail. But it keeps gravitating to the old impression that was created in the pad. I'm a bit worried that the calluses in the remaining three fingers have formed well enough for me to not experience any dol of pain. All that remains is the index and it's really frustrating. I will make a video of it asap. Once again, I'm grateful for your help.

Less Is More!

Last edited Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:07 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:15 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi Baffupdrizz,

Welcome to the PB Forum! There have been many of us, myself included, who have had to deal with similar issues. I am actually going to start a "Pain Thread," where I will share my personal experience that will hopefully benefit others and encourage them to share their experiences, as well!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 130 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: