Dont give up!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:54 am
by Sirkostik • 12 Posts

This is my story. Basically when I started to take guitar more seriously around year or so I was worse than Kurt Cobain, then I discovered Mr.Brown via youtube thanks to Buckethead and I started to work on my fingers. At start it was hard and I felt like giving up probably because it all seemed to fast and my fingers acted like they were fighting with eachother.

This is my result of finger coordination after a year and half. ( I praccited 3 hours each day if I could).

I still consider myself shit and I still got a plenty work to do.

p.s sorry for bad english, its not my native language.
The video
facebook.com/IvanMarkesic/videos/10206507287453519/?pnref=story

Scroll up

RE: Dont give up!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:39 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Great video man you have a good control and play clean. I dont know how you were playing 1,5 year ago so it is hard to see how much progress you've made in this time. Comparing with Kurt Cobain doesnt say anything to me.

Keep picking to seem to have a lot of potential!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:20 am
by Sirkostik • 12 Posts

lets say I wasnt able to properly pick pentatonic pattern on lowest possable rhythm

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:53 am
by Will • 21 Posts

Man, must be cool to see such progress! I am just 6 months in with Pebber, but my playing definitely feels way more fluid! Great control you've developed! Hopefully I will continue to see results. Thanks for the encouragement!

Cheers

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:55 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

sounds great thats amazing in a year.

would love to hear you play over a backing track should be your next upload.
awesome stuff

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word

Last edited Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:56 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:12 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

I wish I made such progress in 1.5 year. And I play for hours a day so that gives me the feeling to give up hahahaha

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:26 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

WOW.

Quote: Sirkostik wrote in post #1
I was worse than Kurt Cobain...
Although Cobain wrote some of the greatest songs that helped defined a genre (grunge) and a generation (X), I think I understand what you are trying to say.

It appears as though you have some SERIOUS chops. Good job!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

FAKE STORY. FAKE VIDEO. ALL LIES LIES LIES!!!!!
FORMANT PRESERVING ALGORITHM IS USED TO SPEED UP THIS VIDEO.
STOP YOUR FUCKING LIES YOU ARE DAMAGING PEOPLE HERE BY LYING AND
TELLING THEM YOU CAN PLAY LIKE THIS AFTER 1.5 YEARS. FUCK YOU LIAR!!!!

Fornant Preserving Algorithm Demo

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:06 am

It took Buckethead MANY YEARS to play like he does! YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS AND
YEARS - not "1.5" years! This FAKE video makes me so pissed off! Nobody and I do mean NOBODY can play with anywhere near that kind of speed after a year and a half! So utterly wrong for this forum! You can fool a few thousand YouTube people with this kind of shit but NOT HERE IN THIS FORUM.

Last edited Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 pm
by aethermachine • 33 Posts

Hah! I never looked at the video before now, it is awfully robotic looking. Really suspicious claim to practice only 3 hours a day for over a year and develop speed like this....impossible. And bringing up Cobain? Dude wasn't known for his guitar skills that's for sure. He wrote some good tunes though.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:09 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

My "better nature" actually prevailed upon posting my initial response. In fact, I actually tried contacting Pebber before leaving my response, because I had a concern about the speed of the video. If you look at the area around his neck and the guitar strap, it totally looks "herky-jerky," if you know what I mean. Regardless, I tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

By the time Pebber got back to me and confirmed my suspicions, I had already posted. Pebber also directed me back to this thread, and I am happy to see I am not alone in my suspicions. Therefore....

I CALL BULLSHIT.

Last edited Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:30 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:56 am

yep the irony did not really come across in my response .... why i asked for a backing track also. nice try though bud.
people hear are not that stupid we know it takes years and years of dedication to get to a top level ..

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:12 am
by Will • 21 Posts

Haha thank you every one, and for putting him in his place Pebber! I am just far too nice and new here to call it, so took the path of least resistance...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:13 am

This forum is NOT YouTube! There are a million Jackass Retards on YouTube all day long - but not tolerated HERE!!!
This forum was started with the intent to be a watering hole for all those sincere people who are seeking information and knowledge about scales, chords, arpeggios, technique and practice ideas. It is supposed to be a place where guitar players can post a video of themselves practicing whatever they are working on and get some HONEST peer reviews and critique and suggestions without any TROLLS spewing negative comments at them, even if they are beginners trying to get down a simple idea. By posting a fake video in this forum, it violates the integrity, honesty and SPIRIT of the people here.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:59 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

I never got negativer troll responses here true. These kind of assholes shoul;d be banned from the forums for ever. They confuse people.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:08 am
by Sirkostik • 12 Posts

I feel very sad that you feel this way, I can assure you i wasnt using any software to speed this up,if you guys like i can post any other video where i play along the backing track, as usually it will be recorded only with my poor cellphone camera.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:09 am
by Sirkostik • 12 Posts

Updated: ASAP I seen the replies from mr.Brown and others I decided record something similar again just prove that Im not a cheater.
youtube.com/watch?v=w0Xe4NUlZzk&feature=youtu.be

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:16 am

More and More utter bullshit. I see you are still trying to fool the people here - what a huge insult to everybody and it really shows your personality. TURN OFF THE ECHO AND CLEAN UP THE DISTORTION. First of all that is NOT a backing track - its a beat, which can be EASILY sped up as there is no PITCH to a beat. Second of all - if you listen to the the beat - oh hey it sounds unusually THIN - like it was sped up! Third of all - there is absolutely NO TIMING whatsoever to the playing - just mindless patterns which go nowhere and have absolutely NO musical value whatsoever. You might as well record a food blender and call it soloing. Fourth of all - a backing track has a KEY to it - CHORDS, and a TEMPO where one can demonstrate their soloing and MUSICAL skill. This playing that is shown has no musical ideas in it or even any scale or arpeggios in it at all - nothing in it demonstrates any musical ability. If one were to AUDITION as a guitar major at any College Music department across the country, they would say - "Uhh OK, NEXT." and not admit you to school. Try playing along to ANY of the FREE Backing tracks on my website and lets see how you do. NO ECHO, NO DISTORTION and lets actually SEE you play something that constitutes a MUSICAL SOLO.

Can you play a simple solo using 8th notes? Triplets? 16th notes? Can you play any 5/8 patterns? 6/8, 7/8? Anything at all resembling TIMING? Lets see you play fast in an organized situation not random sped up charlatanism.

Last edited Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:20 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:38 am
by Sirkostik • 12 Posts

True its not a backing track, my bad,
nor it was musical,(which i never claimed in a first place?)
All I ever wanted to show my progress in dexterity.

But I will accept your challenge ( No Echo, No Distortion)

Do you have a wish on which backing track do you want me to perform?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:52 am

just try one of the free ones from this site Sirkostik

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:48 am
by heyman • 60 Posts

Hi,
A motivational thread titled, "don't give up", that's fake. Too weird.
There's no shortcuts. You can't write a check for it. You can't fake it, especially here.
If you direct your time and energy in a better way, you may fell better about yourself.

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 am
by Baffupdrizz • 3 Posts

Dude, in an attempt to prove your lies, you further confirmed you sped the video up. I carefully watched the part where you wanted to stop recording at (0:37) in your YouTube video, and the distortion there disgusts me. The difference in speed is quite revealing when you bent forward to pause it. Stop ridiculing yourself and get back to work!

Less Is More!

Last edited Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:36 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:33 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Aside from Pebber, I am not sure if any of you are aware of this, but it was brought to my attention about a week ago that our would-be shredder took his case to the Buckethead forums. Not surprisingly, the majority of the "bots" (a.k.a. fans of Buckethead) actually BELIEVE the videos are legit.

He made sure to ratchet up the drama with a post something to the effect of, "Buckethead's teacher, Pebber Brown, thinks I'm a fraud..." or something like this.

It's just funny to gauge the reaction of real musicians versus fanboys. Now, I am not saying there are not "real musicians" that participate in these forums, because I used to be extremely active on buckethead.tk., and I made some REALLY good friends on that site. However, I assure you that the majority of such forum members know little, or next-to-nothing, about what it means to actually learn and play guitar.

As a serious musician, a friend of Pebber, and an administrator of PB Forum, I always try to keep the mood cordial and polite. Therefore, I guess the only thing I have left to say at this time is, "Good Luck," to our fellow musician. If his skills are truly legit, then we should be seeing him tearing it up on stage any day now, or perhaps starring in his own "Hot Licks" tutorial video (QUICK, somebody call Don Mock!!!), or melting faces at the next NAMM show as a pitchman for any of the newest and hottest gear.

I'll keep my eyes open, but I won't hold my breath.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
726 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly