injuries

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 pm
by bigk • 7 Posts

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:59 AM, <vachon.keith@yahoo.ca> wrote:

good morning,

drinking freshly ground coffee in Ottawa Canada, wonder how much people in general appreciate all the help in guitar lessons you give to us?thanks very much and so happy i wandered into you're lessons.

my question is about work related injuries and a few self inflicted (not on purpose,fights etc.....) i was a mechanic and pipeliner in years gone by.my hand was run through the pulleys of an engine i have begun to practise again, with much pain.i am stretching and practising anyway. i also have carpal tunnel and 2 pinched nerves in my elbow, too many other hand and arm injuries to mention.the wife and doctor want me to stop. that's not going to happen, is there anything specific to my situation i should do or should i just keep on going no matter how much pain? not whining just looking for guidance?

hope to hear from you

thank you and keep rocking!

keith vachon

Scroll up

RE: injuries

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 pm
by Slashiepie • 118 Posts

Oi Keith,

Take a look at my thread "Trill Abuse"
You have to heal first, (a competent chiropractor is a great catalisator)or risk never playing again...

Thats what Pebber and Ursin have stated very clearly..

Last edited Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:20 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Yes. Again...stop playing and see a chiropractor or acupuncturist. I would recommend the acupuncturist first, mainly because I enjoy it. But either will do. Again, STOP playing. Let your body heal. Do not go to a regular doctor. Do not let anyone cut on you or tell you that you need surgery.

I don't mind repeating this...DO NOT take advice from a regular "doctor."

I have serious hand issues. Pebber instructed ME on the correct way to deal with it. I had to learn the hard way. Learn from my mistakes. Go to an acupuncturist or chiropractor.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Yes dont go to an MD or a physical therapist! DONT! - they just prescribe pills and surgery. The physical therapist approach can really do a lot MORE damage because they prescribe MOVEMENT of damaged tissues!!!! A GOOD Chiropractor who really knows whats up is the best way to go. I find the combination of Chiropractor and Acupuncture to be the ultimate. Are these injuries recent or from a long time ago? Carpal tunnel will only get worse unless you fix it and rest it and let it heal for a while first. Chiropractors can fix carpal tunnel within 3-4 visits total. They can fix pinched nerves as well. Doctors will just give you meds.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:04 am
by bigk • 7 Posts

goog morning.
these are old injuries that i thought were healed,but the squashed hand started loosening up with just pain in the finger that took the brunt of the damage.unbelievably my chiro was killed in a 4 wheeler accident,i will have to find a new d.c. maybe i should attempt to find an acupuncturist? i already informed my doc that surgery was a nono.do you really think this will get better?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:59 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Do I think it will get better on it's own? No. You had one of your hands run through an engine pulley? That sounds horrible. I think if your hand was severely damaged like you are describing, I would follow the advice of my physicians.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:15 am

Out of curiosity is it your left hand or your right hand?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 pm
by bigk • 7 Posts

i am a left handed player the damaged hand is my right.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Three things that were recommended to me by my Chiropractor (Arlo Gordin, D.C., M.D, PhD) (He was BOTH a Chropractor and also an MD! And he had a PhD in NUTRITION! Fuckin guy! wow! Anyway he made me take LIGAPLEX, DRENAMIN and SHARK CARTILAGE for my injuries. Ligaplex for ligaments and tendonitis, Drenamin for rebuilding the Adrenal glands (which are part of the healing chain) and Shark Cartilage for repairing tissues and promoting healing and strengthening the immune system. To this day, when there are a lot of sick people around I take about 4-6 shark cartilage caps and never get affected or sick by those around me (and I teach a LOT of young kids in a small room!)

Also your injuries sound way over the top severe. Stuff like that can take 2-3 years to fully heal. You dont seem like the patient type but thats the real deal man!

Last edited Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:16 am
by bigk • 7 Posts

hey pebber,
thanks for the advise.
i have been waiting six years for these injuries to heal, thats why i am impatient. i want to try the acupuncture and let you folks know if it helps.
bigk

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:40 am

What was the longest stretch of time you tried to let it heal without playing?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:23 pm
by bigk • 7 Posts

i would pick up the guitar for 5 minutes, get totally disgusted ,then not touch it for a year or so then try again without success,so its been about 6years.completely discouraged!!i talked to my doc, he gave me his blessing to try acupuncture,so i am in the process of finding one in my area.
cheers

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:58 am

I suggest reading about trigger points and getting a workbook if you want to speed up the healing process and understand myofascial pain more deeply, acupuncturists knowingly or unknowingly actually also target and heal trigger points with their work.

best wishes! i hope you finally heal .

Last edited Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:00 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:14 am
by bigk • 7 Posts

thanks i will check this out.and hopefully get back to reallity!
bigk

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 19 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
461 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly