Pure Hype

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:38 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

I get these emails all the time and this one was very adamant about how this guy from Argentina is a "complete virtuoso" and he is the Best guitarist in South America and how his KILLER 4 HOUR guitar course is the absolute best course that exists and its only $197!!!

http://www.virtuosoguitarsecrets.com/main.php

$197 for 2 DVDs that are each 2hrs long. I dont know man - people are buying this shit.

My 2hr DVDs are $26.
am I missing something?

Also - I think Tiago Della Vega is a much much better player than this guy and is LIGHT years beyond him.
Tiago is also from South America.

Last edited Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:46 pm | Scroll up

RE: Pure Hype

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:27 pm
by jvieira72 • 21 Posts

People buy that kind of stuff because they're looking for the secret shortcut. Anybody that's been playing guitar for a reasonable amount of time knows there are no shortcuts. Efficient ways doing things and practicing yes but as you stress it takes years of repetition. Magic secrets to overnight success will always outsell hard work, but rarely produces any kind of success. Even when people do succeed using that kind of nonsense it's likely as a result of their own work ethic rather than the system. You're honest and that's a good thing. Your students respect you and acknowledge you whereas money making gurus make their money and are ridiculed later down the line. I'll take the respect of the money every time. Too bad it's so hard to get both.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:25 pm
by ashan • 190 Posts

nope. idiots who fall for that crap are. truth is if they followed your system they'll be able to play what he claims + 100 times more. (my thought)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:29 am
by chacal • 19 Posts

Save the email address and send it to the trolls when they want to know "tips" and shortcuts! By the way I am doing the daily routine and steadily improving thank you so much.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:30 pm
by Expateach • 29 Posts

Well, it's not quite as bad as the adverts I've seen for products that say 'Become a guitar God in 15 minutes'. I think that's about as bad as it gets!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

BLAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its all in the marketing.
ALL CRAP

People WANT TO BE TOLD they will be great players in a couple of lessons because they are so used to failing at other aspects in life.....if they are not great...no big surprise...it was HOPE they were after the whole time!!! People do not want to be told it may take 5 years to really start playing the guitar. Ten years to start to see..... Ohh and thats at 5 hrs a day....at least!

IDK...they may be good but....not great.

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 am
by uderoche (deleted)

This is akin to televangelists. Reminds me of Swaggart.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 am
by John567 • 156 Posts

It's funny thing about these "quicky" courses. None of them ever go into the details. From watching Pebber's picking DVD, one of the biggest things is intensity. Meaning the amount of time you put into it. This is not really mentioned in other video's and articles. It's almost like those workout videos that say you can gain 25 pounds of muscle in just 3 Weeks! Its a very real introduction to becoming a better player.

Just think about Pebber's "hidding the metronome" game. It's one of the hardest things to do but one on the best things to do for timing accuracy that you can do. Think about guys practicing for years not knowing their timing sucks. Tragic.

I didn't think I could pick the 5's and now I'm at about 80 BPM. I had to start at 35-40 BPM but I'm better for it.

Its all just pure gold and the last time I checked gold is at around $1700 an ounce.....

:D

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
377 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia