Music Philosophy

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:54 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

A lot of people are leaving comments on my videos to the extent of "forget all the scales and just play" and
"The first rule is there are no rules." Rather than waste my time and energy arguing with these bufoons who
dont know how much they DONT know, I just immediately delete the comments. These types of comments are
the exact opposite of my music philosophy so I have no interest in confusing anyone and leading them astray from
a time honored method of musical skill development. So if anyone posts anything that disagrees with my teaching
philosophy I have pretty much a zero tolerance policy as people get confused and start to doubt what the best way to
train on the guitar is. Its censorship I know but too many knuckleheaded moron retard wannabes think they are experts and only clog up the information quality.

-=>PB

Last edited Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:54 pm | Scroll up

RE: Music Philosophy

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:17 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

This statement might be a bit difficult to fully quantify; but I do think that if one fully aknowledges the existence of music, inevitably one winds up making a positive conclusion regarding the existence of God. I can only say this speaking for myself though, because if I know that if one day I found out with absolute certainty that God in fact did not exist, I would no longer think there to be any reason sufficient to man, that could justify the enormous effort and time spent. Since these are the only two necessary ingredients to creating music, I think music would die.

"Sarod floats like a butterfly...But it stings like when I trill"-Old Shed Proverb

Last edited Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:30 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Sorry OFF TOPIC. This is not a forum on religion. This is a forum on MUSIC PRACTICING philosophy.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:40 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

NOOOOooo man!

What are you thinking???

Practice your ASS OFF!!!!
10-15 hour practice days for 3 years before you START to understand how much YOU have to learn!

THAT IS THE INGREDIENT FOR GOOD MUSICIANS!

Dont start getting off topic for your agenda.....your particular topic is for you and you alone to decide.

This is a music forum...as Pebber said....also it DOES NOT mean we are atheists because we do not share your view here.

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:35 pm
by nickjacquet (deleted)

My apologies. As Frakh stated, there are many views out there (certainly each has validity in its own right) I suspect I am guilty of misinterpretation by what you meant by a "philosophy of music". My only intent was to chime in on the my philosophical understanding regarding music b/c it is what fuels me to keep practicing. I'll leave it at that, lest the thread deviate from OP's original intent.

"Sarod floats like a butterfly...But it stings like when I trill"-Old Shed Proverb

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:42 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Let's see...I sat around the past 5 years...would bathe once a week. Hardly shaved. Ate very little. And practiced guitar all day. I saw God, I saw Satan, I saw all sorts of shit. Practice is the only way. The rest is bullshit.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:18 pm
by Debilius • 96 Posts

I totally agree Ursin. And thanks for shave reminder also.

Last edited Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:19 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
422 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly