what guitar books do you guys recommend?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:16 am
by pinkmoonman • 14 Posts

as you might know, i've been playing the guitar for about 5 to 6 years, although i've been more serious over the last 6-7 months since i've found pebber. I'm interested in a book that can help me read sheet music and also explains theory in both a detailed and effective way. I struggle to learn songs because i can only read tab, and i feel that the more i get used to it, the harder it will be to read sheet music. Let me know your recommendations and i'll be back making videos very soon!

Scroll up

RE: what guitar books do you guys recommend?

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:04 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

There exists no such book that does what you want. There is no book that has both sightreading exercises and explanations AND "ALSO" explains theory as well. You are looking at separate books altogether. There are thousands of free sheet music scores on imslp.org and also dozens an dozens of free music theory books on imslp.org. So many that it would take you 30 years to go through them! Download the sheet music in treble clef if you want to read on guitar. You can download muic for guitar, flute, clarinet and also even violin, and keyboard. Try playing the 40 Bach chorales on guitar - both staves. For beginning reading Mel Bay 1 an Berklee Moern Method 1 are what the world uses for learning sightreading - but the reality is that Jaco Pastorius even in his own words said that "he just got a hold of every piece of music he could get his hands on and taught himself." Download Bach flute pieces and try to play those on guitar - same clef same notes.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
483 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly