Pebber's DVDs

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:59 am
by dave86uk • 34 Posts

Hi all been a little while since Ive been on here I recently started my university music course so I've been very busy with uni work & revision and practicing guitar.

Now that I have some money I was looking at buying your dvd's before I do I was just wondering if there was anymore dvd's about to be released or is it just the 3 that are available for now ?

Also Im going to be building a new PC soon so I can start putting some videos up for feedback will post here again when Ive got that sorted out.

Thanks

Last edited Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:00 am | Scroll up

RE: Pebber's DVDs

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:26 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Theres a few more Picking DVDs on the way before years end and a huge amount of DVD's in the works for next year.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm
by dave86uk • 34 Posts

Cool man Ive just ordered the 3 current picking dvds and will check back when your next dvds are available.

Looking forward to getting them in the post

Thanks

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 am
by BuffaloBill • 13 Posts

Hi Pebber! I'm wondering the exact same thing as the OP here.

I can only see 3 DVD's on your website.
I'd like to order as many of your dvd's as are available to save on postage.

[the Youtube lessons are perfectly sufficient, and will do me for years, but I kind of just want to give you my money! The amount of cash I'm saving on lessons if I had the money to take "real" lessons is huge, and I think you are probably a far better teacher than I will find where I am].

I would also very very much love a book of yours someday.

I know all the materials are for free on your website, but solidified in a book would be great one day.
I'd buy it from amazon in a heartbeat.

Also, do you post international? [I am in Australia]

I believe 3 DVDs could probably be sent in a US$15 large priority mail envelope, and of course there are other far more expensive methods, which I'm not big on.

Something else that might be an idea is to offer your dvds through amazon, not just in physical form [which ships very cheaply internationally], but also possibly as a digital download.
I know that's always a bit sketchy, as you may not want copies floating around on the web, but in that sense, if people wanted to rip the DVDs and upload them, they'd do it [I could if I wanted to, but I believe that would be scum].
I haven't even bothered to search for the old sneaky download since you have far and away won my money with all the freebies.

Digital Downloads also avoids the issue of "Region Codes" on DVDs, which you may not be aware of. DVDs from the US cannot be watched in most countries around the world [but then, it's mostly movie studios that region code movies: your DVDs may not be region-coded].

I'm slowly making my way through your youtube series now [I am "Helloagain151"], and only realized you had DVDs when you mentioned in one of the vids. It should be more prominent on your website I reckon, but that's an opinion, for what it's worth [nuthin, probably].

Thanks mate, I am a devotee. You are my Guitar Zen Buddha and your straight-forward "tough love" "matter-of-fact" style / approach fucking rules.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:18 am
by KomenEten • 4 Posts

@BuffaloBill :
Recently I ordered the first 2 DVD's from Pebber and they were shipped internationally (to Belgium, Europe), so that answers one of your questions.

The reason I ordered these 2 DVD's in 2 separate orders is customs-regulation : over here some scheme exists which states that under a certain "estimated" value, no VAT is to be payed by the receiver (=me) and no custom taxes are to be payed by the receiver. As from a certain value, VAT is to be paid but not yet custom taxes, and from still another (higher) value we also have to pay custom taxes.
(These can become really substantial compared with the actual price of the goods you're buying)
Worst thing is that it's usually unpredictable... Sometimes I think it even might depend on whether it looks like a real "package" or whether it's just a big brown enveloppe.

That is the main reason why I would SO MUCH PREFER a downloadable instance, to avoid this whole customs-hassle !

By the way, I didn't have any problem with the region codes of the DVD's (but to be honest, I've only used them on my laptop until now, not an a stand-alone DVD player)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:35 am

Thanks Komen!
I know from experience buying too much silly garbage on ebay that a USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail envelope is US$15 with no VAT to where I am, but I just have to hope Pebber ships this way.
I've never had trouble with this method, and received a great many deliveries this way, never had a problem, very reliable. I don't know if you can get things shipped this way to Europe as well, but it's a pretty inconspicuous envelope, maybe you can avoid such high fees this way in the future. The large envelope would easily accomodate 2 DVDs and most likely 3 [I've had Levis jeans posted to me in this way haha].

Ultimately, I will probably be ripping the DVDs to my computer anyway so I can put them on my ipad and take them around with me to study on-the-go, so a digi-download would also save me the bother of doing this [and as you say, to avoid shipping altogether].

I imagine Pebber could offer them as a paid download through Amazon. It would really bring costs down on both ends, and probably reach an even greater audience. I could foresee these lessons getting a big number of 5 star reviews on Amazon, and people taking notice when they search for things like "Guitar lessons" on amazon and this popping up.

For me, DVDs are an antiquated way of receiving media. I know they are still a "thing", and people like buying physical stuff. But a lot more people are going obviously going towards buying digital downloads.

Thanks again for the info.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:28 pm
by Tsonic Tsunami • 27 Posts

Just purchased the three picking DVDs,a conscious commitment to more practice!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Thanks for the ideas guys bu I am not able or ready to ramp it up like that just yet.
I am more involved with developing and filming the videos now and my 4th one will be
done soon. Amazon takes 55% of the money and thats not what I want to get into right now.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Wow, I didn't know amazon takes 55% ? That's mercenary! You could look into offering it as a digital download through itunes then!
[or countless other distributors if you have some kind of prob with apple. I for one would like to welcome our new apple overlords, and love them like a father].

itunes take jack sh*t! They scrape a pittance off the top.
You have a stack of followers, lots of online attention.

I believe you have to go through an aggregator / middle man to get on itunes, but you may already have music on there and "know the ropes",
but perhaps you have not yet considered selling your paid lesson vids through there?

Last edited Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:10 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
261 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 107) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly