in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:56 pm
by n7fv • 6 Posts

Hi all
Name is Cory. Not much of a guitar player, I call myself a guitar operator. I can play a few songs, and change through all the open and barre chords, but I really dont understand how everything fits together. I got my first guitar at 14, and took lessons for a year from a jr high friend. Learned a few songs, but not really how to play. Spent the next 5 yrs teaching myself. (Nightmare!!!) Took an 8 yr break to get married and complete college. 2 yrs ago I got a new crew foreman at work who has played for 40 yrs, so we have done very informal lessons. Mostly learning songs to correct technique problems I picked up along the way. Have used Justinguitar and various youtube videos but havent seen the success I'm after. So now at 41 I've decided to actually learn for real. Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and get comfortable playing.
Cory

Scroll up

RE: New Member

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:41 am
by janine • 8 Posts

Hi Cory, Welcome! I am relatively new myself. I joined last year, but, had too much in the way of work to practice properley, so am getting into it now. you will find there is plenty to do in the way of practice. How are you finding module 1.? If you have any questions, pop them on the forum, and you will get a response.Enjoy your guitar journey, and let us know how you are going.
Janine.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:12 pm
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Welcome, Cory.

I've been playing for 35 years now bit only got serious about learning the instrument maybe about 4 years ago.

Right now I haven't touched a guitar in 10 days because I felt a hint of tendinitis due to some intensive exercises I'd been doing. Needed to give the fretting hand a break.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 pm
by n7fv • 6 Posts

Thanks Janine and Farelli

I am waist deep in module 1. The practices are pretty tough, but I can see how they help quickly. My hand coordination is improving already. I can do 16th notes at 125BPM on open strings, but there is no way I can follow with pentatonic yet. At most, I can follow on pentatonic at 110BPM using 1/4 notes. At 120BPM I start to make a lot of mistakes, and have to restart often. (these are peak speeds, not consistent speeds)

Cory

Last edited Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:55 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:42 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

N7fv. you need to keep the speed to where you are comfortable.
Its all about training your fingers and brain to do the right things slowly over and over and over (boring huh) only pushing the speed every now and again. if your getting things wrong you always want to slow down as you will be training your fingers to get it wrong.

Farelli was it those spiders that did your hand in, you can still get some right hand practice in buddy

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
One note can say a million words........It can also take a million notes to say one word
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:37 pm
by Farelli • 189 Posts

Yeah, it was the spiders, and I didn't think of doing right hand because I don't have the discipline not to use my left hand at all. :D

Plus I had plenty of other things that needed to be done.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
128 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 109) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly