Trill Technique in a post Sarod world...

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:43 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

So, I am at an impasse...thought my flutter can sit acomfy @ 200+ B.P.M. 16ths, It cannot do all its capable of because of fear of de-synchronization btw/ the two hands....For about a year now the Sarod and the trilling have been my daily bread...but I am not anywhere near having all the left hand 101 trill perms up to 200 B.P.M....I feel way I been trilling
has reached good old diminishing returns...I cannot get it to go faster unless I can make it shift over to its own form of a flutter...Its like all I can do is try and figure out how to trim excess power being used in the trills...is getting all left hand basics 101 trills up to a comfy 16th notes @ 200 BPM (& I mean all the permutations--->even a lone 0-4 pinky trill) even a feasable goal???

Scroll up

RE: Trill Technique in a post Sarod world...

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:58 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

This is 200 bpm dude.
16th notes would be 4 notes per click.
lets see this.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:05 am

looks like I have some vids to shoot for today... I have aldready made 2 vids for the primary and 2ndary chord function thread only to have them shot down by utubes time constraints...Gotta REDO them for today...I will do my best to make a vid for this thread once I get through module 1 and have the flutter up and running. but yea essentially, a clear and even 4 note per click at 200 has been a long term goal of mine in order to buy for myself sufficient head room for playing 8's in the 100 BPM area.

Last edited Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:06 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZJPVtL9PRI: You asked for a video....Pre-cautionary warning: I know that there is lots of stuff that I need to eventully need to iron out in my playing (things like vibrato, bending, gliss, phrasing ect) But I dont see how anyone could assert that some of the bits invovling scales with Sarod picking in the video arent fast as shit.

One other precautionary warning: I happened to be using a backing track @ 74 B.P.M. instead of a metronome...In all honesty, I feel quite a bit hesitant about posting this video because the backing track was created by those we do not speak of. The only reason for the backing track is because Its the only one I had access to at the time;and as of late, I have found that when working on technique, I have a tendancy to use it more organically when I can sort of just "let go" and work on it in the context that is more musical than just a metronomic click...

And look, I know all to painfully that I suck at improv and that there are many aspects of my playing that are really imature...After all, I took your advice, and since then I have spent the last year+ working exclusively on Picking and trilling...So I simply have not had the opportunity yet to iron out the afforementioned aspects of musicianship for assimilating them into my playing.

Last edited Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:31 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:57 pm

I really hope that the incidental contection involving the backing track and whomever does not cause a distraction/ shift of focus away from the question that started this thread...or get me into trouble...I dont want that...I just want to get better at being myself and playing with my intrument...thats what will make me happy (-:

Last edited Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:02 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Also I had recently made the switch up to 11's the day before...which unfortunately for me has shaved @ least 20 B.P.M. of the top of each of my trill ceiling thresholds...Maybe all I need is more time and more trill...Nevertheless I am hell-bent on getting all left hand basics 101 trill permutations up to indefinitely sustainable 16ths at 200 B.P.M...Then for sure, I will be happy with my trill so I just hope that as far as goals go...that it is attainable; or rather that it is one in the feasible realm.

Last edited Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:07 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:56 pm
by Tom (deleted)

Maybe the others can make it out better, but I hear the occasional sound. Most is inaudible or a blur. You spend time practicing guitar and take time making videos and post the videos for feedback -- you would get much, much better feedback with better sound.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 290 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly